Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Angel signing last night...
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 7/17/18 8:34am Msg #595985
I met with a borrower at 8:30 pm to sign a refi package, cash out. When I pulled up to the house, I recognized I'd been there before, but when I could not recollect. I gathered my tools and headed for the front door. The lady came to the door, there were a lot of people in her house. "Oh, my" she says. "You were here 15 years ago. I can't believe they sent you! You are my angel." She cried Her mother had passed at 2am yesterday, after a two day hospital stay. I felt so bad for her. No pain greater than losing a parent. Her family all few in from abroad.

We marveled in that we recognized each other and commented nothing had changed in 15 years! (really!) except now she has a better loan and cash out to make home improvements.

Husband is signing separately tomorrow in CO where he is on an assignment.

This was a real feel-good encounter, and I was able to get her through it, even though she had not slept since last week. It was difficult, she was so tired and needed to rest after such a harrowing, deeply sad week. She couldn't stop hugging me. Followed me to my car since it was pitch dark by the time we finished signing. I hated leaving her, but I know she probably went right to bed to sleep.

I looked up the date I last signed this couple...December 22, 2003 12:30pm. Good record keeping pays off. I will send her a card today.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Angel signing last night... -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/17/18 8:34am
 Re: Angel signing last night... - Robert Crosby on 7/17/18 2:01pm
 Re: Angel signing last night... -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/17/18 2:20pm
 Re: Angel signing last night... - pdl/cali on 7/17/18 11:06pm
 Re: Angel signing last night... -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/18/18 1:23pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.