Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Tech Question: Anyone know why the NR Site opens up
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/20/18 6:37pm Msg #597378
I am also using Chrome and haven't experienced this, but I've read that some Chrome extensions can cause odd behavior. If you have any extensions loaded, disable them and see if the problem goes away. If it does, enable them one at a time and see if the problem returns - when it does, there's your culprit.

It's also possible that you've inadvertently picked up some malware. A system scan with Malwarebytes wouldn't hurt. There's a malware program called wincheck.exe that has been reported to cause similar behavior with Chrome.

If all else fails, you can either click on the three dots at the top right of the browser, click on Settings, scroll down to Advanced, and scroll down to Reset Defaults, or just reinstall Chrome.

Hope this helps.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Tech Question: Anyone know why the NR Site opens up - NVLSlady/VA on 8/20/18 4:41pm
 I use Chrome & no issues - so far. n/m - Yoli/CA on 8/20/18 4:46pm
 Re: Tech Question: Anyone know why the NR Site opens up - MikeC/TX on 8/20/18 6:37pm
 Re: Tech Question: Anyone know why the NR Site opens up - NVLSlady/VA on 8/20/18 8:37pm
 Reset Defaults - NVLSlady/VA on 8/22/18 11:12pm
 Chrome settings cleanup - NVLSlady/VA on 8/21/18 10:37am
 Re: Chrome settings cleanup - MikeC/TX on 8/22/18 3:34pm
 Re: Chrome cleanup - NVLSlady/VA on 8/22/18 10:51pm
 wincheck.exe n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 8/22/18 10:53pm
 Re: Tech Question: Anyone know why the NR Site opens up - Luckydog on 8/21/18 5:06pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.