Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Debt Resolution: TriStar Consumer Group
Posted by Marilyn June Wilson of MS on 9/18/18 12:28pm Msg #598616
I have represented this company for several DRPs, much against my better judgment. They pay $50 unless there is distance involved. I have had to reach out to them for payment in every case, but usually was able to get paid w/i 30-45 days. But for a signing I did in August, it is not the payment that is the problem, it is the fact that the poor client (an elderly A/A veteran who desperately needed financial help to make his small SS payment stretch to pay his living expenses and take care of his 95 y/o mother with dementia) who has tried to reach his account representative to no avail since the signing. He started calling me about 2 weeks ago because I always leave my business card with signers (notary protocol). After his first call I reached out to TriStar and advised them that he needed to speak to his account rep. I was assured they would call him that day. (The TriStar Agreement states they will be in touch with the client w/i 48 hours of the signing.) I asked the client if he had spoken to the rep since the signing. NO. I was not surprised, I was disgusted! Yesterday I received 2 more calls from the client stating that he wanted to talk to the rep and no one would call him back. So I called again yesterday and again this morning. I finally spoke to Patrick Green, Notary Services Supervisor. I basically told him that not only was TriStar's payment program lacking, but the program being sold to the poor unsuspecting clients is very close to fraud and possibly elder abuse. I asked to speak with someone in the Program Services, but was not given that opportunity. I advised Mr. Green that since I had not been paid the promised $50, my fee had increase to $80, the additional fees for Customer Service for the 3 phone calls I had received from the signer. He stated that he would get my payment out promptly. I thanked him and advised him that if the signer did not get a call back today from his representative or someone in that department, that I was going to report them to the MS AG's office for Elder Abuse. Further, I would advise the signer to stop payment on his program until he was contacted and he was satisfied with their action. I know I overstepped my role as a Notary, but as a human, I had to act.
BOTTOM LINE: Do Not Accept Work For TriStar Consumer Group (Bruyette and Associates).
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Debt Resolution: TriStar Consumer Group - Marilyn June Wilson on 9/18/18 12:28pm
 Re: Debt Resolutions. Please don't do anymore - NVLSlady/VA on 9/18/18 1:21pm
 Re: Debt Resolution: TriStar Consumer Group - Jack/AL on 9/18/18 1:34pm
 I agree with Jack & I won't touch that type of transaction. -  MW/VA on 9/18/18 4:23pm
 Re: I agree with Jack & I won - Marilyn June Wilson on 9/19/18 10:25am
 I do think it's a good idea to report that co. is you -  MW/VA on 9/19/18 2:29pm
 Re: If you don't feel comfortable doing this type of work, - Louisiana33 on 9/18/18 4:49pm
 The reasons they call us..... - Jack/AL on 9/18/18 5:04pm
 If memory serves me... - Linda_H/FL on 9/18/18 5:17pm
 Re: If memory serves me... - Marilyn June Wilson on 9/19/18 10:45am
 I can't/won't do this work -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/18/18 7:13pm
 Re: The reasons they call us..... - Marilyn June Wilson on 9/19/18 10:42am
 Marilyn, How is do debt resolutions getting you a foothold? -  sigtogo/OR on 9/19/18 11:40am
 ok, bad headline, but you get my drift n/m -  sigtogo/OR on 9/19/18 11:41am
 Re: If you don - Marilyn June Wilson on 9/19/18 10:26am
 Foothold in REPUTABLE notary biz - NVLSlady/VA on 9/19/18 12:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.