Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I kinda agree with both Cheryl and Yoli
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 10/12/18 2:12pm Msg #599350
When you work for MD, you should know you'll never get paid, so you might as well just move on and not waste any more time on them. However, Yoli is right, too. Don't go down without a fight. But let me tell you about an experience I had and how I see your chances of getting a group of NSAs together as you proposed.

About a year or so ago, I helped an NSA pal who got a bankruptcy notice from a SS (that I had never worked for.) The SS owners had listed 550-600 unpaid notaries on their petition! In the interest of helping out my fellow NSAs (BIG waste of time), I looked up the e-mails and phone numbers of ALL these notaries so my friend could blast e-mail them and encourage them to write the bankruptcy court in an effort to get paid before the court rubber-stamped the bankruptcy (as it usually does) and let the SS get away without paying the tens and tens of thousands of dollars they owed their notaries. Only a tiny tiny teeny-weeny handful - no more than dozen to my recollection - bothered to respond to the e-mails. A suggested letter was even provided to the notaries, so they wouldn't have to exert any effort in writing anything; just send in the letter either by post or e-mail. Even fewer bothered to do that. We're talking HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of unpaid NSAs, and you could probably count on one hand the ones who actually stepped up and took any action. So those are the odds you're facing in your quest. IMO. Good luck.

That said, I would suggest you write a letter to the SS, saying you will file small claims action against them on such and such a date unless paid by such and such a date. Add that because legal action will be taken regarding this contract between you and MD, that all parties involved in the transaction will obviously have to be notified of the claim, once filed. Then, begin to list them, by name and addresses and phone numbers: the Borrowers (because their property is listed in the suit), the LO, the lender, the TC, the EO, the state Dept of Insurance or whoever regulates TCs in the state involved, the Dept. of Real Estate in the state involved, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which regulates lenders, the FBI internet fraud division (since all of this was done via e-mail). etc etc. You could also do an orange button search here for other people/agencies to include on the list that other NSAs have used with success. Like the Dept. of Labor as if I recall. This will take some work on your part. But you may get paid by somebody along that line. Worked for me.

If you haven't already contacted the LO and the TC and politely and professionally and calmly and noncombatively explained the fact that they are dealing with one of the biggest crooks in the industry, you might try that, as well. I did that recently and actually spoke to the president of the TC. He said he had heard that a couple of scoundrels had circumvented the system somehow and had not paid the notaries. He said he was embarrassed and upset by this, and he had a check in the mail to me in days. So playing nice nice might pay off for you. And in this business it's all about "you" cos it sure doesn't seem to me that any other NSAs are going to jump on board to help.

Oh, and BTW: You're wrong when you wrote: <<that is why they continue to operate the way they do, because no one will do anything. What about teaching them a lesson. this type of behavior will not be tolerated. >>

The problem started when you took a job from them. When you work for MD, you should expect never to get paid. And now you're chasing your money …? NSAs who keep outfits like this in business are the problem. Now it's too late.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 A.P.B MortgageDocs.com - Jeffery/OH on 10/11/18 1:27pm
 Re: A.P.B MortgageDocs.com -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/11/18 1:47pm
 Re: A.P.B MortgageDocs.com - Jeffery/OH on 10/11/18 1:53pm
 Re: A.P.B MortgageDocs.com - Yoli/CA on 10/11/18 2:26pm
 Don't spend a dime or another minute on these deadbeats. - grapebed on 10/11/18 6:47pm
 Re: Don - Jeffery/OH on 10/11/18 7:25pm
 Re: A.P.B MortgageDocs.com - pdl/cali on 10/11/18 9:01pm
 Re: A.P.B MortgageDocs.com - Jeffery/OH on 10/11/18 9:32pm
 Re: A.P.B MortgageDocs.com -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/12/18 8:49am
 Re: A.P.B MortgageDocs.com - Yoli/CA on 10/12/18 10:20am
 I kinda agree with both Cheryl and Yoli - BearPaw/CO on 10/12/18 2:12pm
 Wasn't going to post but waiting for someone to final GET IT - Luckydog on 10/12/18 7:16pm
 PS... - Luckydog on 10/12/18 7:30pm
 Welcome back LD. You are the voice of reason and sanity. - grapebed on 10/12/18 8:33pm
 Re: PS... - Jeffery/OH on 10/13/18 3:17am
 Re: Wasn - Jeffery/OH on 10/13/18 3:03am
 This is the due-diligence on MD, what more did you need? - Luckydog on 10/13/18 12:10pm
 IF you are a rebel.... - Luckydog on 10/13/18 12:32pm
 Re: This is the due-diligence on MD, what more did you need? - Jeffery/OH on 10/13/18 4:17pm
 Small claims - Luckydog on 10/13/18 6:42pm
 Re: I kinda agree with both Cheryl and Yoli - Jeffery/OH on 10/13/18 3:39am
 Welcome aboard, young man...at last, someone who -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/13/18 7:58am
 Call it the Notary Meetoo# movement -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/13/18 8:08am
 Orange County DA office on bad checks -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/14/18 2:17pm
 Re: Orange County DA office on bad checks -  Claudine Osborne on 10/14/18 9:06pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.