Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Mostly true for ss's, but not always the case elsewhere...
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 11/9/18 1:08am Msg #600151
It depends greatly on who it is we build our reputation with and we just never know what results might come from where. Just today I did a fairly small commercial purchase for a guy who told his title co to use me as his notary. (They were going to look for another local title co to do a courtesy closing for them.) I had done some kind of other notary work for him maybe a year and a half ago (probably GNW, but I don't remember) and apparently left an impression - along with my business card. And I certainly didn't do this one for $100!

My favorite part of GNW is that I never know who I'm going to be meeting with, or whom they might know. This guy appears to be some kind of investor, so there's a chance for more work from him in the future. Plus, I made a connection with an escrow officer in another state, and he says he also told his attorney about me. I don't expect a whole lot to come of it, if anything, but these types of connections can add up over the years.

One more thing, on a sort of related note... This may be a good time to express my thanks to a couple of semi-local notaries whose names I don't know who have referred people to me for GNW recently. (And in the past...) I'd thank you directly, if I knew who you were. In case you read this forum - and got my name from here - I appreciate you thinking of me, even though I couldn't always handle the referrals. Smile
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What's your biggest pet peeve? - Luckydog on 11/8/18 12:47pm
 Dealing with Title Company errors - CW2Ret/VA on 11/8/18 1:30pm
 hoarder houses and pot houses..... - notarydi/CA on 11/8/18 3:25pm
 Re: hoarder houses and pot houses..... -  GQ/Orlando on 11/8/18 3:27pm
 Re: Dealing with Title Company errors -  GQ/Orlando on 11/8/18 3:26pm
 Re: Dealing with Title Company errors - Cheryl/SC on 11/9/18 11:21am
 Re: What's your biggest pet peeve? - SteveS/CA on 11/8/18 3:58pm
 Re: What -  GQ/Orlando on 11/8/18 4:29pm
 Re: What - SteveS/CA on 11/8/18 4:50pm
 Re: What -  GQ/Orlando on 11/8/18 5:10pm
 My biggest pet peeve is that we are working in a declining - grapebed on 11/8/18 4:35pm
 Re: My biggest pet peeve is that we are working in a declining - SteveS/CA on 11/8/18 4:53pm
 Re: My biggest pet peeve is that we are working in a declining - ananotary on 11/8/18 5:03pm
 That SD has created a platform that has changed the -  MW/VA on 11/8/18 8:47pm
 Mostly true for ss's, but not always the case elsewhere... -  JanetK_CA on 11/9/18 1:08am
 Re: Mostly true for ss, but not always the case elsewhere... - ananotary on 11/9/18 11:12am
 The incessant downward spiral of fees . . . seems the -  Christine/OK on 11/10/18 8:39am
 Well said Christine, spot on! n/m - Luckydog on 11/10/18 11:36am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.