Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

BBB membership/accreditation
Posted by Yoli/CA of CA on 11/18/18 10:34amMsg #600393
Must be that time of year again -- BBB recruiting. Received a call late last week, which turned into 3 calls due to time limitations.

Last year, call was in September. See Msg #582318

This year, the young lady was very professional, very eloquent in her spiel and better prepared than the gentleman last year. Business has been slow for me so thought I'd let her practice her pitch. She was good. She was respectful. She was accommodating. Called me back as requested and emailed me the material as requested.

I told her I'd do my due diligence and if warranted, I'd call her back. Well ... I spoke to a former BBB member (my daughter and her deceased husband had a tree service company). They derived no benefit from that accreditation. Again, referring to my previous link mentioned above, several business owners here posted and not one of them had anything positive to say. Then, I did a Google search and found the following eyeopener:

http://www.howmuchisit.org/bbb-membership-cost/

Within that article, there's a link to a 20/20 interview that I also found most interesting.

Won't be calling back BBB interlocutor. But, I may forward her the above links. Hmmmm ........

Oh, BTW, I did ask her how she found me. On #'s site.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 BBB membership/accreditation - Yoli/CA on 11/18/18 10:34am
 I knew BBB sucked but not how much! 20/20 report a must see -  sigtogo/OR on 11/18/18 1:35pm
 Re: I knew BBB sucked but not how much! 20/20 report a must see - Luckydog on 11/18/18 4:33pm
 Wow. That's interesting. I can't imagine that a BBB -  MW/VA on 11/18/18 5:09pm
 Re: BBB membership/accreditation - doglover/CA on 11/18/18 9:10pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.