Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I have a question
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 11/19/18 12:05pmMsg #600425
https://www.nationalnotary.org/knowledge-center/tips-tutorials/notarize-foreign-language-documents

So it appears as long as your portion is in English, you are good to go.

"In our global society, Notaries increasingly are asked to notarize documents written in foreign languages they cannot read. Generally, state laws do not expressly prohibit the Notary from notarizing a document that is not in the English language. However, depending on the circumstances, it may be inadvisable to notarize such foreign-language documents. The danger, of course, is that the document is being misrepresented to the Notary.

For any non-English document, the best option is to refer the signer to a Notary who reads and writes the language of the document. If that is not possible, the Notary should only proceed if the notarial certificate itself is in English or other language the Notary reads and writes. The letters and characters in the document's signature and in any ID document presented must also be understood by the Notary.

It is important that the signer and the Notary be able to communicate in the same language, without the reliance on a third party who, intentionally or unintentionally, may interpret the conversation incorrectly."
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I have a question -  MonicaFL on 11/19/18 11:30am
 Re: I have a question - Yoli/CA on 11/19/18 12:00pm
 Re: I have a question -  MonicaFL on 11/19/18 12:03pm
 Re: I have a question - Yoli/CA on 11/19/18 12:07pm
 I agree. I have notarized documents in foreign languages. -  MW/VA on 11/19/18 2:37pm
 Re: I have a question - Luckydog on 11/19/18 12:05pm
 Re: I have a question -  MonicaFL on 11/19/18 12:19pm
 Re: I have a question - Linda_H/FL on 11/19/18 12:32pm
 I don't know about FL, but here in VA the Apostille is -  MW/VA on 11/19/18 2:39pm
 Re: I have a question -  VT_Syrup on 11/19/18 3:50pm
 Re: I have a question -  MonicaFL on 11/19/18 10:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.