Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Beware of Blog Comment Link Spammers
Posted by ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas of CO on 12/15/18 1:28am Msg #601212
This week, a Los Angeles mobile notary, operating from a rented mailbox, attempted to insert a useless comment and backlink to his website in my Colorado Notary Blog, to try to boost his search engine rank. The comment spam was detected by my WordPress spam filter, sent to my spam folder, and was not posted to my blog.

I discovered this notary has sent comment spam to at least 14 other notary, signing service, legal and mortgage blogs in different states and been getting in, creating his desired spam backlinks.

If you have a blog, don't be fooled by link spammers who send you a generic comment of praise such as good post, great blog, thank you, etc., without any mention of the specific keywords or blog topic you wrote about. These useless comments do not add any value to your blog, dilute the post, consume storage space, and slow down page loading. Worse yet, the link may be to a malicious website, causing damage to your blog readers.

Eventually, the spammer will get blacklisted in spam databases. If you link to their low-quality website, your website will be considered as supporting spam activity, and it will hurt your search rank. Link spam is often generated by spam bots from foreign countries. It looks like this notary is using a blackhat "marketing" service from India.

Protect your blog, readers and website. Moderate your blog post comments to block and delete spam links and worthless comments.

Publish and follow a Blog Comment Policy. Beware of friendly hackers, and Greeks bearing gifts.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Beware of Blog Comment Link Spammers - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 12/15/18 1:28am
 Re: Beware of Blog Comment Link Spammers -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/15/18 9:32am
 Re: Beware of Blog Comment Link Spammers - MikeC/TX on 12/15/18 3:41pm
 Nice wordplay, MikeC/TX. Made me laugh. n/m - Lee/AR on 12/15/18 5:03pm
 Re: Beware of Blog Comment Link Spammers - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 12/17/18 12:36am
 Re: Beware of Blog Comment Link Spammers - MikeC/TX on 12/17/18 5:43pm
 WordPress Spam Blockers - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 12/17/18 8:11pm
 Re: Beware of Blog Comment Link Spammers -  Ernest__CT on 12/17/18 6:17pm
 WordPress Spam and Security - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 12/17/18 9:58pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.