Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

What will CA notaries do with he/she/they with nonbinary
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 1/10/19 10:08pm Msg #601991
So now that Californians can get CA driver licenses (and presumably non-driver IDs) where their sex is considered "nonbinary" and is listed as "X" on the face of the license, what will CA notaries do if one signer comes and shows such a license, in terms of dealing with the "he/she/they" in the ack certificate.

I know what I'll do if one of these CA licenses is presented to me in Vermont:

Through June 30:

...before me personally appeared Ethan Allen, to me know to be the person who executed the foregoing instrument and Ethan Allen thereupon duly acknowledged to me that Ethan Allen executed the foregoing instrument to be Ethan Allen's free act and deed.

On or after July 1:

This record was acknowledged before me on July 1, 2019 by Ethan Allen.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What will CA notaries do with he/she/they with nonbinary -  VT_Syrup on 1/10/19 10:08pm
 No can do in CA... -  JanetK_CA on 1/11/19 2:12am
 Re: What will CA notaries do with he/she/they with nonbinary - Clem/CA on 1/11/19 8:50am
 Re: What will CA notaries do with he/she/they with nonbinary - SteveS/CA on 1/11/19 9:44am
 Re: What will CA notaries do with he/she/they with nonbinary -  JanetK_CA on 1/11/19 1:50pm
 Re: What will CA notaries do with he/she/they with nonbinary - LisaKT/CA on 1/11/19 2:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.