Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: More good news about our industry...NOT
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 1/16/19 3:14pm Msg #602264
Agree with Cheryl that this is a "NOT". I think this article has some parallels for the title industry to what the articles on remote notarizing do for us. As with anything else, a digital solution is only as good as the accuracy of the data it depends on - and we all have a better idea than most of the types of errors there are in title records and how common they are.

I guess they figure the cost savings are worth leaving the headaches to be dealt with as needed. Plus, the big guys, at least, can probably afford to self-insure for E&O. The vast majority of transactions probably never do have any claims against title. In fact, I once met a title guy (in a non-business setting, or he probably wouldn't have dared) who joked that selling title insurance was like 'selling air'... Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 More good news about our industry...NOT -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/16/19 8:35am
 Thank you very much Cheryl for an interesting article. n/m - grapebed on 1/16/19 11:11am
 Thanks. This is an interesting article. n/m -  MW/VA on 1/16/19 1:47pm
 Re: More good news about our industry...NOT -  JanetK_CA on 1/16/19 3:14pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.