Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

California Real ID recent scenario
Posted by LJCA of AK on 2/15/19 12:58pm Msg #603280
When recently doing general notary work on a Living Trust for a lovely family and their father that has used my notary services over the years I learned something new. The father had not driven in over 15 years and recently had a stroke. He is very aware of what is going on around him but the stroke has effected his writing and can no longer drive. Hence no current drivers license, state ID, or Passport. The family had credible witness's available for when I arrived. While gathering proper ID information from one of the credible witness to record in my journal I was a little surprised to notice that her drivers license had a punch hole through her driver lics. expiration date. I nicely asked her about the lic. punch hole on the expiration date. She let me know that she recently applied for a CA Real ID. From what I understand is that she has applied for her Real ID and that DMV punched a hole through the expiration date. So don't be surprised if you start to see punch holes on older California driver lic.. Since her Dr. Lic. was issued only two years ago I was able to use it as her ID per CA code. I am sure many California notaries have seen this punch hole but it was a first for me :-)

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/realid
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 California Real ID recent scenario - LJCA on 2/15/19 12:58pm
 Hole punched invalidates in Oregon. Paper Temp is issued -  sigtogo/OR on 2/15/19 1:41pm
 Re: Hole punched invalidates in Oregon. Paper Temp is issued -  JanetK_CA on 2/15/19 2:11pm
 Re: Hole punched invalidates in Oregon. Paper Temp is issued -  canotaryhere on 2/16/19 3:46pm
 Re: Hole punched invalidates in Oregon. Paper Temp is issued -  JanetK_CA on 2/18/19 2:36pm
 Re: Hole punched invalidates in Oregon. Paper Temp is issued - LJCA on 2/15/19 2:12pm
 Re: Hole punched invalidates in Oregon. Paper Temp is issued -  JanetK_CA on 2/15/19 2:20pm
 Re: Hole punched invalidates in Oregon. Paper Temp is issued - LJCA on 2/15/19 2:29pm
 Re: CA vs AK? - LJCA on 2/15/19 2:40pm
 Re: CA vs AK? Nope, still shows AK n/m -  John/CT on 2/15/19 2:43pm
 Re: CA vs AK? Nope, still shows AK - LJCA on 2/15/19 2:49pm
 Re: California Real ID recent scenario -  walthtz on 2/15/19 4:31pm
 Re: California Code - LJCA on 2/16/19 10:53am
 The DMV has field agents - LisaKT/CA on 2/16/19 1:56pm
 Re: The DMV has field agents -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/16/19 5:34pm
 Re: The DMV has field agents - LJCA on 2/17/19 1:03am
 Re: California Real ID recent scenario -  canotaryhere on 2/16/19 3:45pm
 Re: California Real ID recent scenario -  JanetK_CA on 2/18/19 2:39pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.