Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Issues with a specific bank POA
Posted by  canotaryhere of CA on 2/16/19 2:55pm Msg #603385
I recently had to have POA's done for my dad and his wife. They are both very elderly, are not easily mobile, they don't do well when there are other people in their home, etc. My dad has all his wits about him, his wife has dementia but at the time we did this, she was just in early stages and was lucid.
Anyway, since I am already aware that some banks have their own POA docs that they require, I checked with both of their banks. One did the other one didn't. The one that did gave me the forms. I spoke with a few notaries in their area and found a wonderful notary who lives about a mile from them. We scheduled an appointment, she came out, did everything by the book, was very nice and very patient with them, etc. We had completed the paperwork a couple of days before she came to notarize it because it takes so much time and patience to go over everything. When I took the documents to the bank, they looked them over- all of the bank employees at the desks have just recently been required to become notaries- any way when they sent the documents to their legal department, the legal department rejected them because they had been completed prior to the date of notarization, which is ok because they were acknowledgements not jurats.
I forgot to mention that I do not live in the same town as my parents. It's about 3 hours away. I had originally taken them to my local branch, so then I took them to their local branch, along with a printout from the NNA and another from the American Society of notaries stating the rule about notarization date vs. signing date. The bank manager there has recently been commissioned for the first time himself. He spoke to the legal dept and when they wouldn't accept the documents, his solution was for him to notarize new bank docs. Since my dad is not mobile and I was only there for the day, the bank manager wemt to my dads house to take care of the problem, which I thought was very good service.
However, before we left the bank, he wanted to take care of the page needing my signature to be notarized and he said to wait a minute he had to get his notary stuff out of his car. Huh? his car that was parked out in the bank parking lot. Then when he did the notarization, he neglected to strike/ circle the particulars (is/are, he/she/they). I don't get it- this bank doesn't accept a document that was executed correctly and done completely by the book, but instead ...
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Issues with a specific bank POA -  canotaryhere on 2/16/19 2:55pm
 Re: Issues with a specific bank POA - Luckydog on 2/16/19 4:47pm
 strike outs - Clem/CA on 2/16/19 7:58pm
 Re: strike outs -  canotaryhere on 2/16/19 8:31pm
 Re: strike outs - LJCA on 2/16/19 11:44pm
 Re: strike outs - Linda_H/FL on 2/17/19 7:57am
 ^^^^^ What Linda said; and my opinion re: bank notary. -  JanetK_CA on 2/17/19 5:42pm
 Re: strike outs - LisaKT/CA on 2/17/19 12:05pm
 Re: strike outs - LJCA on 2/17/19 4:35pm
 Re: Issues with a specific bank POA - JustANotary on 2/17/19 1:10am
 Re: Issues with a specific bank POA -  canotaryhere on 2/17/19 3:12pm
 Re: Issues with a specific bank POA - LisaKT/CA on 2/17/19 4:25pm
 Re: Issues with a specific bank POA -  canotaryhere on 2/17/19 4:38pm
 Re: Issues with a specific bank POA - LJCA on 2/17/19 5:15pm
 Re: Issues with a specific bank POA -  canotaryhere on 2/17/19 5:44pm
 Bank Rejecting Properly Notarized Document - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 2/18/19 9:45am
 Re: Bank Rejecting Properly Notarized Document -  JanetK_CA on 2/18/19 2:10pm
 Re: Bank Rejecting Properly Notarized Document -  canotaryhere on 2/19/19 12:53am
 Re: Issues with a specific bank POA - Luckydog on 2/18/19 9:51am
 Re: Issues with a specific bank POA - LisaKT/CA on 2/18/19 11:51am
 Re: Issues with a specific bank POA -  canotaryhere on 2/18/19 11:53am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.