Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Professional Signing Services
Posted by Christine Wynne of FL on 3/15/19 10:43am Msg #604345
I would recommend against taking any orders from Professional Settlement Services. They are not professional in any way.

Here is my personal story.... I worked for PSS for seven years. The last order I accepted was on a holiday weekend. I accepted the order, confirmed the appointment with the signers and printed the documents that were emailed to me directly from the client (not PSS) on Friday afternoon. The closing was to take place on Monday, which was the holiday.

I went out of town on a camping trip and planned on doing the signing on my way back into town, as scheduled, on Monday. I called PSS prior to leaving town and let them know that I had confirmed the appointment with the signers and that I had printed all of the documents and was heading out of town. While I was out of town, I did not have cell phone reception. My phone conversation about all of this with PSS was never noted in the file or their system. PSS started calling me Friday evening asking if I had printed the documents. Because I had no phone reception, I did not get the call, or the voicemail until Monday morning when I was driving to the appointment.

When I arrived to the appointment, another notary had just arrived and had started the closing. I called PSS and asked why they had removed me from the assignment. They said that since they could not reach me Friday night to see if I had printed the documents, they went ahead and assigned another notary to the signing. I explained that I had called Friday afternoon prior to leaving town and gave the name of the person at PSS I had spoken to. They told me that there were no notes in the system about my phone call. They then black listed me and have never called me for another assignment. That is a very unprofessional way to treat a notary who has worked with you for seven years without any incidents, especially since this was their error.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Professional Signing Services - Susan Herman on 3/14/19 6:23pm
 Re: Professional Signing Services -  John/CT on 3/14/19 6:50pm
 Re: Professional Signing Services - Luckydog on 3/14/19 7:53pm
 Re: Professional Signing Services -  Claudine Osborne on 3/14/19 8:51pm
 Re: Professional Signing Services -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/15/19 7:31am
 Re: Professional Signing Services - Christine Wynne on 3/15/19 10:43am
 Re: Professional Signing Services -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/15/19 10:49am
 Christine Wynne posts about Professional Settlement Services - Yoli/CA on 3/15/19 11:34am
 Re: Christine Wynne posts about Professional Settlement Services - Christine Wynne on 3/15/19 1:21pm
 Re: Professional Signing Services - Amber Williams on 3/16/19 3:05am
 Wow Amber...harsh n/m - Linda_H/FL on 3/16/19 8:09am
 Re: I think Amber’s post is right on n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 3/16/19 12:29pm
 Only on a couple points, Carolyn - Linda_H/FL on 3/16/19 3:06pm
 Re: Only on a couple points, Carolyn - Carolyn Bodley on 3/16/19 8:45pm
 aaaahh...yes,...Cali - how I miss him :) n/m - Linda_H/FL on 3/17/19 8:50am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.