Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Moving forward as a notary to the next century
Posted by  Linda_in_IN of IN on 3/16/19 1:13pm Msg #604394
DISCLAIMER: I am not a member of the association sponsoring this survey and do not actively support them. In general, I don't think they have the best interest of the notary in mind; I have yet to see them take an active, vocal role at the state level as it relates to notaries in the three states I have lived in within the past 10 years (all three had legislative updates within that time). What do I expect to come out of this survey? I honestly don't know but hope enough people will respond and the association gets a much needed reality check as to the direction they need to take. But I'm not holding my breath my answers will change anything, at least I know I responded.

There is an association sponsoring a survey to gauge the notary profession. The survey consists of 4 questions which are multiple choice (pick 3 out of about 20 choices) with space after each for you to comment "in your own words" on the why of your choices. Questions are dealing with both notarial actions in general and NSA/loan signing specifically. And yes, one of the responses you can check is about getting paid in a timely manner. The survey is open until March 31, 2019. You can also leave your name/email/phone information if you want to be contacted to be included in a future story on the notary industry.

AGAIN: I have no personal interest or gain in posting this link. Just want to make sure that the word gets out about this survey so in the future you can't say "wish I would have known", or wish I would have been able to tell them my ideas/what I thought". Do what you think best about the link, no skin off my back. All I ask is that you please don't shoot the messenger.

https://www.nationalnotary.org/notary-bulletin/blog/2019/03/survey-what-changes-for-notaries
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Moving forward as a notary to the next century -  Linda_in_IN on 3/16/19 1:13pm
 Thank you, thank you, thank you. The best ?s are at the end. n/m - Lee/AR on 3/16/19 2:38pm
 Just because someone passes a notary exam -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/17/19 12:00pm
 Thanks Linda for sharing. I missed seeing this. n/m - Michelle/AL on 3/17/19 8:40pm
 Remember you wear TWO hats ... - BobbiCT on 3/18/19 7:04am
 Totally agree. Be very careful what you wish/ask for. - Lee/AR on 3/18/19 9:05am
 Excellent point, and timely reminder! -  JanetK_CA on 3/18/19 6:53pm
 Re: Remember you wear TWO hats ... -  Linda_in_IN on 3/19/19 3:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.