Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Use of foreign passport as ID - CA law needs fixing on this
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 4/13/19 2:08pm Msg #605390
I can't speak for Maverick and I agree with Yoli that NC law should be the guide in this case. However, the issue of use of foreign passports as IDs in CA is one correction to CA notary law that *does* need to be addressed, IMO.

As Yoli posted, the supposed acceptance of a foreign passport in the US is listed in our notary law under the section that says the ID must include a physical description (among other things). Has anyone ever seen a passport that includes a physical description? I haven't. I also spoke with the CA SOS about this once and was given a convoluted explanation as to why it should be OK that made no sense and only proved that the person there either didn't get the issue or was trying to avoid addressing it directly.

If it ever gets high enough on my priority list, I'll ask for a written opinion on that (which they won't want to provide - and frankly I'm not sure I want to receive.) So don't hold your breath... Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Use of foreign passport as ID -  LynnNC on 4/13/19 9:23am
 Re: Use of foreign passport as ID - Yoli/CA on 4/13/19 9:50am
 Re: Use of foreign passport as ID -  LynnNC on 4/13/19 10:08am
 Re: Use of foreign passport as ID - Luckydog on 4/13/19 10:39am
 Use of foreign passport as ID - CA law needs fixing on this -  JanetK_CA on 4/13/19 2:08pm
 Maybe just want to know car buyer has a DL? n/m - Lee/AR on 4/13/19 2:17pm
 Re: Use of foreign passport as ID - shooterclay on 4/13/19 6:02pm
 Maverick is a SIGNING SERVICE only - jojo_MN on 4/15/19 12:22pm
 Re: Maverick is a SIGNING SERVICE only -  JanetK_CA on 4/15/19 5:47pm
 I think Luckydog and Lee/AR are right - MikeC/TX on 4/14/19 5:43pm
 English Language on Foreign Passports - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 4/14/19 6:53pm
 Re: English Language on Foreign Passports - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 4/15/19 11:43am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.