Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

"Wire fraud is now Nine times worse than 2 years ago.."
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 4/18/19 5:54pm Msg #605528
..according the Wire Fraud Advisory (didn't know there was such an entity), per Gov Hutchinson, Assistant General Counsel of the California Association of Realtors at a meeting I attended last week.

Nine times..in two years! He then advised sales people to warn clients to never send money unless they first call...and NOT the number listed in the newly received email. Der!

Lastly, he advised that Realtors add Cyber insurance (again, didn't know there was such a thing) to their E&O policy. I went running to him afterwards to ask about RON but got knee-capped at the door as he was running for his plane.

We live in a digital information age. RON is going to add security issues to customers AND to all in the loop. Add the people error factor. I once received a complete loan package from an escrow assistant working on my loan. Problem was, the loan belonged to another LO from another company...that I knew and used to work with! Stuff happens. I smiled...and … deleted.

I just received my taxes back from my tax person who...surprise...had her own little half-page Privacy Policy. She included the following words, "Should the time come that congress permits the sale of taxpayer's information by tax preparers, we vow never to participate I such a practice."

Giggle....but Wow!

Is it time for a short privacy policy...? Cyber Insurance...?

I still feel the strongest argument against RON is customer protection, but at the same time, I agree it's coming and time to protect yourself as well!

With RON there will be more fraud. If you choose to go that route you may want to look at additional ways to protect yourself as well as your clients.

Back to sorting my fishing tackle....
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 So Fidelity now has an entire page ... - BearPaw/CO on 4/18/19 1:23pm
 Re: So Fidelity now has an entire page ... -  PegiT_MN on 4/18/19 2:24pm
 Re: So Fidelity now has an entire page ... - SteveS/CA on 4/18/19 2:38pm
 Imagine what it will be like once remote notarizations - DaveCA/CA on 4/18/19 4:41pm
 These crimes are being conducted by hackers. Anything on -  MW/VA on 4/18/19 4:41pm
 Re: So Fidelity now has an entire page ... -  VT_Syrup on 4/18/19 5:00pm
 Re: So Fidelity now has an entire page ... - Luckydog on 4/18/19 6:57pm
 My thought exactly, VT ... - BearPaw/CO on 4/18/19 7:01pm
 "Wire fraud is now Nine times worse than 2 years ago.." - Bear900/CA on 4/18/19 5:54pm
 Re: "Wire fraud is now Nine times worse than 2 years ago.." -  VT_Syrup on 4/18/19 7:21pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.