Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Much Talk - Means Nothing - What Professionals Do
Posted by  Scriba/NM of NM on 4/22/19 1:33am Msg #605650
A professional signing agent will use his brain. You receive a call. You ASK questions. If you don't, you are doing a disservice to yourself as can be seen from previous posts. This is not the age or the job for a naive person. Effectively, you have yourself to blame for NOT asking questions - ALWAYS!

A call: I get numerous signing calls - I ask WHEN it is for, the TIME it is for. Then I ask WHERE it is (I personally know my zipcodes). Then I ask WHAT it is (Refi, RM, Sale, Purch, SBA). Then I ASK if there are scanbacks/faxbacks. THEN.......I quote my price. Again, as I always state - this is NOT rocket science. By the way, I don't always get every assignment because I do not stupidly accept basement fees.

Now, there are TWO THINGS you need to look at. NOT JUST the confirmation. Look at the instructions INSIDE the loan package. Many times there are scanback instructions INSIDE the loan package. On occasion I have had clerks rushing through confirmations and they MISS the faxback/scanback instructions inside the loan pack. You STILL have a duty to THOROUGHLY read ALL instructions and comply with them. If you are not sure, CALL THEM AND ASK!

If I get one of those email blasts, I'll call them back to negotiate a PROPER fee and FIND OUT everything about the signing to be completed. YOU are the service provider. YOU set the fee. Or YOU can continue to be taken advantage of - it's up to you.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Bait and switch! - Sunny/OR on 4/20/19 5:48am
 Re: Bait and switch! - Lee/AR on 4/20/19 6:11am
 Re: Bait and switch! - jojo_MN on 4/22/19 5:10pm
 Re: Bait and switch! - SteveS/CA on 4/20/19 10:33am
 Who's the company doing this? n/m - Yoli/CA on 4/20/19 10:53am
 Please name the co. if you can. That's a sneaky & -  MW/VA on 4/20/19 10:58am
 Re: Bait and switch! - Luckydog on 4/20/19 11:02am
 Re: Bait and switch! - MikeC/TX on 4/20/19 5:53pm
 Thanks, Mike! You said (only better) what I was thinking. :) n/m -  JanetK_CA on 4/20/19 7:07pm
 Much Talk - Means Nothing - What Professionals Do -  Scriba/NM on 4/22/19 1:33am
 Re: Much Talk - Means Nothing - What Professionals Do -  JanetK_CA on 4/22/19 2:42am
 Yes Janet. Always when Docs. May not fit into schedule. n/m - HeatherR/CA on 4/22/19 5:55pm
 Please, please, please ... -  Ernest__CT on 4/22/19 10:16pm
 Re: Bait and switch! -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/23/19 12:24pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.