Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Fla. RON law setting a dangerous precedent
Posted by FlaNotary2 of FL on 5/9/19 2:23pm Msg #606277
The new law provides: “The affixing of the official seal (...) conclusively establishes that the acknowledgment or proof was taken, administered, or made in full compliance with the laws of this state or, as applicable, the laws of the other state (...)”.

This means that if the notary’s stamp is present, it doesn’t matter if they didn’t comply the law... the seal itself proves compliance. This will lead to negligent notaries being let off the hook.

This law was passed by both houses and is certain to become law.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Fla. RON law setting a dangerous precedent - FlaNotary2 on 5/9/19 2:23pm
 National attention needed for any hope to put brakes on RON. -  JanetK_CA on 5/9/19 3:04pm
 Re: National attention needed for any hope to put brakes on RON. - jnew on 5/9/19 4:46pm
 Re: National attention needed for any hope to put brakes on RON. - LJCA on 5/10/19 3:44pm
 WOW. Thanks for contact list, LJCA. All together now-DO IT - Lee/AR on 5/11/19 8:17am
 Re: Fla. RON law QUESTION.. - Signerbill on 5/9/19 4:53pm
 Agree - that's pretty much what I said - Linda_H/FL on 5/9/19 5:05pm
 Whenever I run this concept by a client, they're response -  MW/VA on 5/9/19 6:10pm
 Exactly why I think national attention is needed - quickly. n/m -  JanetK_CA on 5/10/19 2:17pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.