Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

They may be spoofing real people these days.
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 5/14/19 1:17pm Msg #606418
I got one of these with the exact same message claiming to be from someone else at a real title co somewhere else in FL. (I looked them up.) The giveaway was that they didn't say where the signing was to be. Also, as you can see, it said sign on Wed, and asked if I have availability 'tomorrow'. Catch was that I got mine on Monday, to 'tomorrow' would have been today (Tuesday)...

I had replied asking for more info before I could give a quote. Heard nothing yesterday, but today I got a reply, presumably with docs and details attached, even though I never quoted a fee. I took a closer look and realized there was no phone number included. I deleted it without opening the attachment or clicking on any links.

We can't be too careful. They're getting better and better at this stuff! As with wire fraud scams, I think I'm going to have to start confirming via a phone call (with number verified from a different source) when tc offers come in via email.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 BEWARE OF THIS SCAM - RON MILLER - Liz lopez on 5/14/19 11:34am
 Re: BEWARE OF THIS SCAM - RON MILLER - Luckydog on 5/14/19 11:39am
 See below. I received the exact same message. Dif sender n/m - Mung/CA on 5/14/19 11:45am
 They may be spoofing real people these days. -  JanetK_CA on 5/14/19 1:17pm
 Yep. Even had a call from my own number this year! - Lee/AR on 5/14/19 7:21pm
 just say yes - RON MILLER - Signerbill on 5/14/19 1:33pm
 Re: BEWARE OF THIS SCAM - RON MILLER -  ML/PA on 5/14/19 1:37pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.