Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Today I asked at Fed Ex Kinkos how much do they...
Posted by Kellosh/CA of CA on 5/15/19 6:34pm Msg #606459
Adding to what others have said. In my neck of the woods (Southern SF Bay Area), the per page scan fee is $1, but like others have said, we're not really the customers they're after. FO would assume people who need to use their scanning services don't have other access.

I have a home scanner, but because even a short drive in the Bay Area can take over an hour in rush hour traffic, I invested in a small mobile scanner, the Epson ES200. I got it on sale at Best Buy for $150. And I use that word specifically: I INVESTED. For me, it came down to a question of time outside my home office versus the convenience of having my big HP all-in-one scan things. The mobile scanner takes a little longer, but since I don't have to drive home first, then go back out again to drop the docs at UPS or Fedex afterwards, it actually save me time, and as the old maxim goes, time is money. I don't have to turn away signings anymore because I have to allow time to drive home and scan and go out again. The ES200 is super small and fits into the briefcase I carry in my car with office supplies. It can be powered via the UBS cable that comes in the box to connect to your computer.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Today I asked at Fed Ex Kinkos how much do they... - Calnotary on 5/11/19 8:06pm
 Thanks for giving us some real world perspective! -  JanetK_CA on 5/11/19 8:42pm
 Re: Today I asked at Fed Ex Kinkos how much do they... - Luckydog on 5/11/19 8:51pm
 Re: Today I asked at Fed Ex Kinkos how much do they... -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/12/19 8:14am
 Not really 'costs zip'. You bought the scanner for the job. n/m - Lee/AR on 5/12/19 8:28am
 Let's take into account that investing in a $500 tool -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/12/19 9:52am
 Agree. Still, the tools needed aren't 'free'. - Lee/AR on 5/12/19 10:38am
 Re: Agree. Still, the tools needed aren - mtcwgrl on 5/12/19 4:06pm
 Re: Today I asked at Fed Ex Kinkos how much do they... - SteveS/CA on 5/12/19 1:50pm
 We should learn from them. U want? I can. There's a fee! n/m - Lee/AR on 5/12/19 8:23pm
 Re: We should learn from them. U want? I can. There's a fee - SteveS/CA on 5/12/19 8:56pm
 Re: We should learn from them. U want? I can. There -  JanetK_CA on 5/12/19 10:57pm
 Good For Cheryl! -  PegiT_MN on 5/13/19 7:38am
 Re: Today I asked at Fed Ex Kinkos how much do they... - Luckydog on 5/12/19 3:28pm
 I've spoken with the people at my local Fedex Office -  MW/VA on 5/12/19 4:35pm
 Re: Today I asked at Fed Ex Kinkos how much do they... - Kellosh/CA on 5/15/19 6:34pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.