Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Loan Pack for bank in India
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 6/17/19 2:49pm Msg #607536
As the others have said, I believe you're on the right track with the copy certification concept. However, it may help to start with a change of thinking.

When I get these types of requests, I start out by informing the signer(s) that, technically, we do not notarize documents, we notarize signatures. That, of course, leads us to the copy certification situation. How many notarizations I end up doing depends on how smart the signer is. In my state, at least, it's considered UPL to tell them what to say, but I've dealt with some people who have figured out that they can group together certain types of documents or pages, like a tax return, for example, or photocopies of ID documents, like DLs and passports.

When someone says they need every page notarized, that's just telling me that either they don't get the concept, or the folks making the request have a very different idea about it. I think they usually just want to see a stamp, but that's not what we're allowed to do - certainly not in my state, at least. As the others have indicated, all you can do is present them with the options and see where they want to go from there.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Loan Pack for bank in India - ChattNotary on 6/17/19 10:16am
 Re: Loan Pack for bank in India - Luckydog on 6/17/19 10:23am
 Re: Loan Pack for bank in India - ChattNotary on 6/17/19 10:36am
 Re: Loan Pack for bank in India - Art_FL on 6/17/19 12:57pm
 I've done a lot of these for folks from India, but never -  MW/VA on 6/17/19 1:59pm
 Re: Loan Pack for bank in India -  JanetK_CA on 6/17/19 2:49pm
 At the end of the day, why bother with all those hoops? n/m -  John/CT on 6/17/19 7:01pm
 Re: At the end of the day, why bother with all those hoops? - ChattNotary on 6/17/19 10:32pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.