Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Attention My Fellow Verizon NSA's - - - Verizon Was Hacked!
Posted by  PegiT_MN of MN on 6/20/19 11:51am Msg #607718
I was on the road for closings yesterday when I received an automated telephone call from the Verizon billing department that my telephone services were scheduled for disconnection within the next 24 hours and I needed to press 6 to make an automated payment. They even told me the amount that was due, $443.00, which is much higher than my normal monthly bill, but exactly what I paid them last month because there was a charge for a telephone that was getting exchanged and the credit would show up in the next bill.

Under normal circumstances I would have paid it but because they were charging me so much two months in a row when I had been told there would be a credit on my account, I immediately hung up the phone and called back in on the 611 telephone number. After a lengthy hold time, a polite young lady came on the line and assured me that no balance is due because of the credit given to me and that several other Verizon customers had been calling in stating that they too had received these automated telephone calls stating that service was going to be disconnected within 24 hours if they did not make a payment.

She did not say they were hacked, but I find it ironic that my normal bill runs about $170.00 per month but they were asking for the exact same amount I had paid last month because of the equipment exchange.

Verizon is offering a spam blocker they put on your line that normally costs $3.95 per month but it is free because of this incident.

I just wanted to pass the information along in case anyone else out there has Verizon and may be contacted . . . just so you know it is a scam.

Good luck everyone . . . hope business is well . . . heading back out for more closings. Have a great day.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Attention My Fellow Verizon NSA's - - - Verizon Was Hacked! -  PegiT_MN on 6/20/19 11:51am
 WOW--Another SCAM! They're hacking into any way they -  MW/VA on 6/21/19 9:13am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.