Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Costco membership perk ...
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 6/21/19 5:33pm Msg #607789
I think you're right. I was in Home Depot looking for a small item and was approached by someone looking for potential HVAC buyers. Unfortunately, I suspect that might be me before long, so I agreed to get a quote. The guy who came out sounded very knowledgeable, but the price he quoted me was around double what I was expecting. Before I do anything, I'll be getting at least two more quotes. (So far my unit is still hanging in there, thank goodness!)

As for Costco, I've learned to be very selective. Some things are really worth buying there (e.g. paper, perhaps tires), but others not so much. I was looking at appliances not too long ago and fortunately read the small print. Turns out their installation services had some caveat that made it unworkable for me. Plus, the cost was more than what I wanted to pay, even after a significant discount and the selection was limited in brand and features, with only options at the high end, with way more features than what I need.

More and more, I like the idea (whenever feasible) of doing business with smaller, more independent businesses. It seems like the mega merchandisers (Amazon is one of the worst) are forcing the little guys out of business and contributing to the expansion of the low-paying gig economy culture.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Costco membership perk ... - Yoli/CA on 6/21/19 10:54am
 Re: Costco membership perk ... - Jose Gutierrez on 6/21/19 11:36am
 dealer I bought from said they would sell below Costco - sigtogo/OR on 6/21/19 12:50pm
 Same here, the price was lower at the dealership. n/m - SC/CA on 6/21/19 1:45pm
 Re: Costco membership perk ... -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/21/19 2:52pm
 Re: Costco membership perk ... -  JanetK_CA on 6/21/19 5:33pm
 I purchase as much as I can through Costco - ananotary on 6/21/19 10:00pm
 Re: Costco membership perk ... -  Amigoaz on 6/21/19 7:54pm
 Amigoaz is right about used cars..... -  Scriba/NM on 6/22/19 1:31am
 Re: Costco membership perk ... - SteveS/CA on 6/22/19 9:30am
 Love Costco's rotisserie chicken, coffee a great price -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/22/19 10:13am
 Re: Love Costco - Luckydog on 6/22/19 12:44pm
 Re: Love Costco -  JanetK_CA on 6/22/19 9:09pm
 Re: Love Costco -  VT_Syrup on 6/23/19 7:37am
 Re: Love Costco - Luckydog on 6/23/19 8:48am
 Not the car, but the service... - Kellosh/CA on 6/23/19 12:38pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.