Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Call for debt resolution signing from private individual
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 6/22/19 5:26am Msg #607803
This was a first for me. I got a call to sign a POA related to representation for credit card debts from a private individual, instead of the usual signing services. The person worked in VT but lives in NY. I referred them to New York 211 for referral to a reputable credit councilor. I explained their are good and bad credit counseling firms. Apparently the person already had problems with one firm.

If the person decides to go ahead with the POA, I suggested going to a Vermont town clerk or city clerk for a free notarization. For reasons often discussed on this board, I don't want to do those.

https://211nys.org/
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Call for debt resolution signing from private individual -  VT_Syrup on 6/22/19 5:26am
 That's very strange. Are you saying the debt resolution co. -  MW/VA on 6/22/19 9:35am
 Re: That-s very strange. Are you saying the debt resolution -  VT_Syrup on 6/23/19 7:09am
 Re: Call for debt resolution signing from private individual - Signerbill on 6/22/19 10:11am
 Re: Call for debt resolution signing from private individual - Luckydog on 6/22/19 12:32pm
 "VT Syrup" Sorry...had Vermont on the brain, lol n/m - Luckydog on 6/22/19 12:33pm
 Opps - Luckydog on 6/22/19 12:35pm
 I wouldn't consider it UPL to let someone know of suspected -  MW/VA on 6/22/19 6:57pm
 Nope, Signerbill -  Ernest__CT on 6/22/19 5:41pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.