Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I am confused. Re: I got removed from a signing
Posted by Kellosh/CA of CA on 8/22/19 4:24pm Msg #609526
You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't if you've been doing this long enough) at how often the signers are just saying yes to whatever you're saying without listening. I recently had the experience of calling the buyer to confirm an appointment in TOWN 20 MILES FROM ME. He confirmed the date, time, and location I read off. Come to realize when I drove to the address on Sunday afternoon that the appointment was actually with the sellers. Luckily, the documents were onsite and correct, title has just provided me with the wrong party's name and phone number. The kicker is, though, when I realized the mistake, I called the buyer:

Me: Hi, this is ME, we spoke a few days about an appointment today at 4? I just wanted to let you know that the title company confused your name and buyer's name. I was meant to meet with the sellers. Title will probably contact you tomorrow morning to reschedule you.
Buyer: But we're supposed to sign the documents today!
Me: Yes, sir, I understand, but you're located in Fresno. That's 200 miles away from me.
Buyer: So you'll be late, then?
Me: No, sir, YOU'RE 200 MILES AWAY FROM ME. When I called on Friday, I read you an address that was located in TOWN 20 MILES FROM ME, and you confirmed it.
Buyer: I don't even know where that town is.
Me: If you had said that on Friday, we could have informed title and resolved this then.
Buyer: So you're not coming today?
Me: Sorry, sir, no.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I got removed from a signing - Clem/CA on 8/19/19 8:07pm
 Re: I got removed from a signing - Mary_in_VA on 8/19/19 8:29pm
 Oh my! That does call for popcorn (or alcohol!) LOL n/m -  MW/VA on 8/20/19 7:02am
 Hope you don't come to regret burning that bridge - Linda_H/FL on 8/20/19 9:38am
 I agree Linda. n/m -  MW/VA on 8/20/19 11:57am
 Re: Hope you don - Clem/CA on 8/20/19 12:48pm
 Well, Clem, glad you're proud of your handling of this - Linda_H/FL on 8/20/19 12:57pm
 Re: Well, Clem, glad you - Clem/CA on 8/20/19 3:20pm
 Re: I got removed from a signing - Signerbill on 8/20/19 11:55am
 Re: I’m known for my quick comebacks - Carolyn Bodley on 8/20/19 7:05pm
 I just did this, post was jinxed - Luckydog on 8/20/19 7:57pm
 Re: I just did this, post was jinxed - Clem/CA on 8/20/19 8:26pm
 Agree w/Clem. I think they do this to save face. - Lee/AR on 8/21/19 8:04am
 I am confused. Re: I got removed from a signing - Mobile1/PA on 8/21/19 9:46am
 Re: I am confused. Re: I got removed from a signing - Kellosh/CA on 8/22/19 4:24pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.