Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

"We are so busy, we will definitely be calling you" said the
Posted by grapebed of MO on 9/11/19 6:52pm Msg #610124
excited rep from Old Republic Title. I have closed many HELOC's for them over the past 7 years. We need you tomorrow to close a refi. "I am going to pay you extra because its last minute" she said bursting with enthusiasm. " And there are no faxbacks!" She was so proud of herself.

The last time I did a refi for ORT my fee was a $100, so I was assuming she was going to offer $125.00.
"I can pay you $90.00, which is $5.00 above our standard fee of $85.00" Are you kidding me? I said that my minimum fee for a standard package is a $100. I told her that my fee for last minute assignments is $120, so I will have to decline this assignment". She met my $120 fee. I will do the assignment. However, I have zero enthusiasm for working for ORT ( or the vast majority of lenders/tc's). The business has gone down the drain. There is definitely price-fixing going on.

I have both arms and one foot out of the loan signing biz.

GNW is easier, more profitable, less time consuming and has very little frustration. If I can do a handful of quality loan assignments a month, that's works for me.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 "We are so busy, we will definitely be calling you" said the - grapebed on 9/11/19 6:52pm
 It's a question of whom you are willing to work for. -  Scriba/NM on 9/12/19 1:16am
 Re: It - Luckydog on 9/12/19 11:08am
 ORT is paying $90 & most of the pkgs. are Pennymac, -  MW/VA on 9/12/19 11:20am
 May have begun w/XYZ, but SD is the real manure-spreader now - Lee/AR on 9/12/19 12:32pm
 I agree that SD is contributing to lower fees. What gets me -  MW/VA on 9/12/19 4:33pm
 Re: "We are so busy, we will definitely be calling you" said the - SteveS/CA on 9/12/19 2:07pm
 DON'T CALL ME, I'LL CALL YOU...not! n/m -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/12/19 3:31pm
 Although it will be a serious drop in income, ... -  Ernest__CT on 9/12/19 6:11pm
 1 thing we seasoned NSAs know is there will always be change -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/12/19 6:21pm
 YES! n/m -  Ernest__CT on 9/12/19 6:29pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.