Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Unattached acknowledgement
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 9/16/19 2:41pm Msg #610239
I agree with the others. The only comment I might have is that you might be safer adding info at the bottom of the notary certificate rather than at the top. That way, it's more like an addendum and is consistent with the common practice of including an "optional info" section at the bottom of notary certificates. [Maybe you could decide to take their instruction literally, if ever presented with that again. They told you not to put it at the top, so just put it at the bottom? Wink]

If a signing service told me that, I'd be strongly tempted to tell them to pound sand - but I'd keep that thought to myself... Wink I like Colonel/IA's suggestion to ask them if they're willing to cover you for any legal consequences, although I hope I'd refrain from saying that, as well. Instead, I'd want to explain to them my belief in the importance of having the certificate attached to the document (which is legally required in my state - and I'm not convinced the CA SOS interpretation of stapling them together is sufficient).

Frankly, though, I think I'd want to know why it was a problem. Did the title co or lender complain about it? Do they have a better recommendation of how it could be uniquely connected to the notarized signature? If they didn't have a good answer, I'd probably try to explain the risks of not doing that and mention that if the cert was ever used fraudulently, it was my name and stamp on there.

'Course, there's also a good possibility that I'd just let it go (to make sure I get paid for what was already done) and decide to never again work for a company that would ask that of me.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Unattached acknowledgement - Barbara Goetsch on 9/16/19 12:30pm
 Ask the signing company if they will pay your legal expenses - Colonel/IA on 9/16/19 12:36pm
 Re: Unattached acknowledgement - Ronnie_WA on 9/16/19 1:04pm
 Tell the SS to pound sand - Clem/CA on 9/16/19 2:41pm
 Re: Tell the SS to pound sand -  JanetK_CA on 9/16/19 2:49pm
 Re: Unattached acknowledgement -  JanetK_CA on 9/16/19 2:41pm
 Re: Unattached acknowledgement - Barbara Goetsch on 9/16/19 3:18pm
 Re: Unattached acknowledgement -  JanetK_CA on 9/16/19 3:38pm
 Re: Unattached acknowledgement -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/16/19 2:55pm
 Re: Unattached acknowledgement - Barbara Goetsch on 9/16/19 3:20pm
 Re: Unattached acknowledgement -  VT_Syrup on 9/16/19 4:19pm
 I have on tc that always includes that separate ack. I just -  MW/VA on 9/16/19 4:29pm
 Re: Unattached acknowledgement -  rengel/CA on 9/16/19 5:49pm
 Re: Unattached acknowledgement - NVLSlady/VA on 9/16/19 6:55pm
 Re: Unattached acknowledgement -  VT_Syrup on 9/17/19 8:20pm
 Re: Unattached acknowledgement -  JanetK_CA on 9/18/19 1:45am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.