Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

"Great, let's go outside..." Anyone else?
Posted by Kellosh/CA of CA on 12/12/19 3:29pm Msg #613424
I've been disturbed as late by a number of clients who, when I show up at their homes as scheduled and confirmed, want to go sit in a nearby park or expect me to lead them to my car to conduct the appointment. So far, no one has batted back too bad when I tell them I was contracted to meet them at their house, and we really MUST sign indoors. I have suggested we could relocate to a nearby coffee house, but they usually backtrack quickly and invite me in. A few have been surprised that I wouldn't agree to sit in my car and do the paperwork, but yield when I explain that we need a flat table and workspace (without saying that I haven't vacuumed my car since the last trip to the dog park and it shows.) Anyone else experienced this? Am I being rude if they had the expectation that we would conduct business outside of their home and I suggest (insist) that we will go inside and get business done? (My language is always very diplomatic.)

On a related note, I'm soon to be the owner of a Ford Transit van in which I will be outfitting a mobile office where I could meet clients, but this of course isn't standard and I don't think should be expected as a default.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 "Great, let's go outside..." Anyone else? - Kellosh/CA on 12/12/19 3:29pm
 Re: "Great, let -  Yoli/CA on 12/12/19 3:34pm
 Re: "Great, let - Kellosh/CA on 12/12/19 3:55pm
 Re: "Great, let -  PegiT_MN on 12/12/19 4:03pm
 Ok ... made em look it up ... -  Yoli/CA on 12/12/19 4:08pm
 Re: Ok ... made em look it up ... - SteveS/CA on 12/12/19 8:46pm
 Re: "Great, let - Kellosh/CA on 12/12/19 4:31pm
 Depends. Hawaii, Roatan, Morocco, yes, -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/12/19 5:09pm
 Re: Depends. Hawaii, Roatan, Morocco, yes, - Kellosh/CA on 12/12/19 6:49pm
 depends on location - CST on 12/12/19 7:42pm
 Re: Depends. Hawaii, Roatan, Morocco, yes, -  Mike Goodey on 12/13/19 9:43pm
 Re: "Great, let - Luckydog on 12/12/19 8:24pm
 Re: "Great, let - shooterclay on 12/13/19 7:53pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.