Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Trump has violated one of the two rules that Republican...
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/14/17 11:18pm Msg #69231
..startegists say you should never break. The first is that you never attack Michelle Obama, and Trump was careful not to do that during an otherwise nasty campaign. Whether you personally like/respect her or not, she has won the hearts of the majority of Americans, and attacking her politically is a losing situation.

The other, as expressed by Michael Steele, former RNC chairman, is that you never, ever, EVER attack Congressman John Lewis for, as Trump tweeted today, being all talk and no action. Lewis has done more in his lifetime than Trump could ever hope to do in his - Lewis's record on civil rights is incredible, and he truly is an icon. For Trumplethinskin to get upset and dismiss Lewis this morning in nasty tweets as someone who never actually does anything is just another example of how tone-deaf and out of touch with reality Trump is. They're about the same age - I don't recall seeing Trump getting beaten on the Edmund Pettis Bridge, but I do know John Lewis was in the middle of it. Those of us who are old enough to remember that know how disturbing those images were.

I may not always agree with John Lewis's politics, but I will never question his willingness to take action when necessary. He was and is the real deal - a man who acts on his beliefs, no matter the consequences. It's something Trumplethinskin can never hope to be.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Trump has violated one of the two rules that Republican... - MikeC/TX on 1/14/17 11:18pm
 Re: Trump has violated one of the two rules that Republican... -  bagger on 1/16/17 11:11am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.