Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

What's the over/under on Steve Bannon?
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/13/17 10:41pm Msg #70053
Personally, I think he could be out by the end of April. He has certainly lost influence in the past week or so, and now Trump is taking veiled shots at him, referring to him as just "a guy who works for me" after it seemed like Bannon was the power behind the throne.

Trump's family is gaining more and more influence in the WH, and while Trump claims to hold loyalty in high regard, Bannon will go under the bus long before Trump turns on his family.

Not that this is a bad thing - Bannon is a horrible influence, and probably one of the main reasons - aside from Trump's basic incompetence at the job - that Trump's first 100 days have been such a disaster. Everything Bannon has his fingerprints on - the two immigration EOs, the AHCA debacle - has turned to dreck almost immediately. If Trump can evict the alt-right from the WH and start listening to more moderate voices, he may be able to start turning this thing around. May be.

At the same time, he runs the risk of alienating the part of his base that IS the alt-right. He may lose the support of Breitbart and other radical right-wing outlets such as Infowars, although I think it's just a matter of time before that happens anyway because he is constantly flipping the things he said on the campaign trail.

And this whole "wag the dog" thing of trying to cause a diversion from the Russian connection with military action is not working - if anything, it's getting worse, with a new shoe or two seeming to drop every day or so.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 What's the over/under on Steve Bannon? - MikeC/TX on 4/13/17 10:41pm
 2 weeks later, and he's still there! n/m - bagger on 4/29/17 8:12am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.