Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: This is why we should require links
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/11/17 6:10pm Msg #70691
Cbris -

Check your own link - the byline is 8/10 of this year, and the poll was conducted in June. I'm not sure where you got the idea that it was done in December of 2016.

The article clearly says:

"The survey interviewed a sample of 1,325 Americans from June 5 through 20. Respondents were recruited from the Qualtrics online panel who had previously reported identifying with or leaning toward one of the two major parties. We focus on the 650 respondents who identify with or lean toward the Republican Party. The sample has been weighted to match the population in terms of sex, age, race and education."

"Identify with" means they are self-described Republicans. There's nothing to indicate that these were anonymous individuals - if they were recruited from the original panel, how could they be anonymous? The pollsters would have to have some way to contact them. Also, how do you weight for sex, age, race, and education if you don't know who the participants are?

While I agree that there are a lot of low-information voters, in this case, I'm more concerned that over half are buying into the Trump voter fraud lies. There is zero evidence of massive voter fraud in the 2016 election; this commission he established is a joke and a fraud in itself. Trump's ego cannot handle the fact that, although he won the EC by a total of 70,000 votes over 3 states, he lost the popular vote. In our archaic system, the popular vote is just a footnote - it doesn't count for anything more than an historical anomaly. But he insists on relitigating the election constantly because he HAS to win everything.

The willingness to support a call to postpone elections is also troubling. Congress will never allow that to happen, but just the fact that citizens would be willing to suspend the Constitution over the paranoid delusions of one man is very scary. The only thing that makes me feel better is that there are signs that his base is starting to shrink.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Disturbing poll results - MikeC/TX on 8/10/17 11:41pm
 These people don't deserve this democracy - BearPaw/CO on 8/11/17 12:23pm
 All 328 in this fake poll !!!!!!!!!! n/m - FGX/NJ on 8/11/17 3:55pm
 The poll was scientifically designed and was not fake - MikeC/TX on 8/11/17 4:06pm
 Re: The poll was scientifically designed and was not fake - BearPaw/CO on 8/11/17 4:09pm
 Re: The poll was scientifically designed and was not fake - MikeC/TX on 8/11/17 5:28pm
 Re: The poll was funded by Jeff Bezos, enough said n/m - FGX/NJ on 8/13/17 4:04pm
 You'd prefer one funded by Fox and Rupert Murdoch? n/m - MikeC/TX on 8/14/17 3:49pm
 We aren't a democracy and never have been. We are a - desktopfull on 8/12/17 1:33am
 This is why we should require links - Moneyman/TX on 8/11/17 5:29pm
 Re: This is why we should require links - MikeC/TX on 8/11/17 6:10pm
 The 12/2016 info is from a link within my linked article - Moneyman/TX on 8/12/17 3:02pm
 Re: The 12/2016 info is from a link within my linked article - MikeC/TX on 8/12/17 5:32pm
 Re: The 12/2016 info is from a link within my linked article - Moneyman/TX on 8/17/17 9:41am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.