Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Trump goes off the rails at press conference
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/15/17 7:00pm Msg #70721
Today, Donald Trump completely erased the remarks he begrudgedly made yesterday about the hate groups in Charlottesville, doubling down on his previous statement that there was blame on "all sides" and even going so far as to make up the existence of an "alt-left" movement. He also conflated the Revolution and the Civil War, asking if the next targets of monument removals would be Washington and Jefferson. How anyone could compare our Founders to members of a Confederacy who were determined to overthrow that government is beyond belief.

He has now aligned himself with the white supremacist movement, giving them cover and legitimacy. The KKK, the alt-right, the white supremacists, and the neo-Nazis now have the backing of our President, who refuses to denounce them because they represent his political base.

When the election was over, a lot of left-leaning people declared that he was not their President. I disagreed; although I wasn't happy with the outcome, he was still our elected President and therefore was my President.

That changed today for me - Trump doesn't represent anything I believe in and represents a lot of things I find repulsive. There is no place for hatred and racism in our society, and the fact that the President can't bring himself to unequivocally reject these groups and instead, for political reasons, is blaming the people who oppose them, is disturbing.

Donald Trump is not my President. He should be impeached for providing aid and comfort to the enemies of our country - including domestic enemies - and removed from office as quickly as possible.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Trump goes off the rails at press conference - MikeC/TX on 8/15/17 7:00pm
 Re: Trump goes off the rails at press conference - PA_Notary_II on 8/15/17 8:14pm
 Nailed it PA! n/m - anotaryinva on 8/16/17 7:26am
 Which is it? Pick one. - BearPaw/CO on 8/16/17 2:56pm
 Because, BearPaw, immigration is embodied in existing law. n/m -  Stoli on 8/24/17 6:16pm
 Re: Trump goes off the rails at press conference - MikeC/TX on 8/16/17 4:33pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.