Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ...
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/18/17 4:10pm Msg #70754
"Not saying you are wrong about them having permits but this is the first I am hearing that. If you wouldn't mind, can you send me a link to the information?"

This is from WAPO's fact checker.

http://tinyurl.com/ycxro6mk

"Cities and law enforcement keep pro/anti protesters apart all the time, even in public places. With history proving otherwise, I can't buy into the claim that they could not keep the two groups separated basically because they were in public places and in a public park."

It's not that they couldn't keep them apart, they just can't deny one group the use of public space just because the other group has a permit. I don't know what the authorities had planned to keep them apart - they never really made it to the park where the rally was to be held, all of the action was out in the streets.

"BTW, did you get a chance to view the video I posted which clearly showed the anti-protesters were clearly the first to attack that specific group of protesters in that one short clip?"

I've seen that and others, but it's impossible to tell at what point that particular incident happened. Was it at the very beginning, or was it after a number of clashes had already taken place? The question of which side actually started the violence hasn't been answered. but I still feel it was the supremacists who incited it by being there in the first place. Their actions of the previous night were intended to intimidate - marching by torchlight, chanting antisemitic slogans, and playing Nazi are not the behavior of a group that is there to protest peacefully.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Trump: Those opposing the neo-Nazis "didn'thave a permit" - MikeC/TX on 8/16/17 10:46pm
 There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ... - Moneyman/TX on 8/17/17 8:48am
 Re: There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ... - MikeC/TX on 8/17/17 4:00pm
 Re: There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ... - Moneyman/TX on 8/17/17 10:53pm
 Re: There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ... - MikeC/TX on 8/18/17 4:10pm
 Re: There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ... - Moneyman/TX on 8/22/17 11:23pm
 Re: There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ... - MikeC/TX on 8/23/17 4:34pm
 Re: There is no "but" about it, they were the real unlawfull ... - Moneyman/TX on 8/27/17 7:58pm
 The problem is listening to your daily hate speech, Mike. n/m -  Stoli on 8/24/17 6:07pm
 The protesters were hired here, in CA, "Crowds on Demand". n/m -  Stoli on 8/24/17 6:03pm
 Fake news, debunked by FactCheck.org, Politifact, and Snopes - MikeC/TX on 8/26/17 3:59pm
 Re: Trump: Those opposing the neo-Nazis "didn - FGX/NJ on 8/17/17 11:35am
 Yeah Mike, they shouldn't have all allow MLK to speak either n/m -  Stoli on 8/24/17 6:10pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.