Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: I think I finally figured out Trump
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 9/24/17 6:04pm Msg #70995
"Yeah, I knew some of those few good people.
I don't think they would be happy.
No need for disrespect to practice free speech.
It dishonors them."

There are many other vets who don't feel that way - I've been seeing a lot of comments today from vets that basically say "I fought to defend their right to do that".

I understand why the players are doing this - they are protesting against what they see as social injustice. I may not agree with the way they are doing it, but I respect their right to express themselves that way.

Trump's attacks are uncalled for - he took an oath to "preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States". It didn't mention anything at all about a flag or an anthem. Maybe it should have included a requirement to actually READ the document because it's clear that between this and his continuing attacks on the press, he has no idea what's in the First Amendment.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 I think I finally figured out Trump's game - MikeC/TX on 9/23/17 6:47pm
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump - FGX/NJ on 9/24/17 5:02pm
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump - MikeC/TX on 9/24/17 6:04pm
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump - FGX/NJ on 9/25/17 6:27am
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump -  janCA on 9/25/17 9:20am
 It IS a RESPECTFUL PROTEST See it for what it IS! - CH2inCA on 9/25/17 1:01pm
 Re: I think I finally figured out Trump - MikeC/TX on 9/25/17 4:49pm
 I'm confused Mike. Are you for or against freedom of speech? - Moneyman/TX on 9/28/17 4:38pm
 Re: I - MikeC/TX on 9/28/17 7:29pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.