Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: How is Roy Moore ahead in polls in AL?
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 12/1/17 5:05pm Msg #71223
"Sure, if he were to win in this month's special election it would be easy for anyone to claim that his victory could easily say something about the Republican party, but what would it say about a Democratic party who couldn't win against someone like him?"

I think it says more about the Mississippi voters than anything else. Even the Governor of the state said she believed the accusers, but would vote still vote for him because, in her view, they needed a Republican in that seat. Mississippi is a deeply red state, and while I'm sure there are many who support Moore (heck, they reelected him to their Supreme Court AFTER he was thrown off the first time for contempt), there are many others who will vote for him simply because of the letter following his name on the ballot. That's tribalism - putting party above everything else.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 How is Roy Moore ahead in polls in AL? - Moneyman/TX on 12/1/17 2:57pm
 Re: How is Roy Moore ahead in polls in AL? - MikeC/TX on 12/1/17 5:05pm
 Re: How is Roy Moore ahead in polls in AL? -  Amigoaz on 12/1/17 6:17pm
 Re: How is Roy Moore ahead in polls in AL? - FGX/NJ on 12/1/17 6:47pm
 Mike is originally from NY ... - Moneyman/TX on 12/2/17 2:06am
 My bad - it's Alabama, not Mississippi. Brain fart. n/m - MikeC/TX on 12/2/17 8:02am
 Re: How is Roy Moore ahead in polls in AL? - jnew on 12/2/17 1:17pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.