Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Why you shouldn
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 12/8/17 5:57pm Msg #71271
Not defending her, just explaining that what she said was taken out of context. It didn't mean that the bill had to be passed before anyone could see what it contained, which is what a lot of folks seem to think she meant.

As far as the ACA itself is concerned, I personally don't have a dog in that hunt - it never affected me, because I had insurance through a former employer and now I'm on Medicare with supplemental insurance paid for by that same former employer. However, I do understand that some people - like your daughter - were hit hard by premium increases. That wasn't the intent, but that was the result and there's no way to deny or spin it.

Unfortunately, repealing the individual mandate (as this tax package wants to do) is probably going to make things worse rather than better. Rates are simply not going to drop back down to where they were before the ACA took effect because a) the insurance pool will become smaller, and b) the insurance companies like the higher rates. They may scale them down a little, but insurance premiums usually only ever move in one direction - up.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Why you shouldn't ram through a bill without giving people - MikeC/TX on 12/6/17 4:10pm
 Re: Why you shouldn - shooterclay on 12/6/17 5:33pm
 Re: Why you shouldn - MikeC/TX on 12/7/17 4:12pm
 Re: Why you shouldn - shooterclay on 12/7/17 11:07pm
 Re: Why you shouldn - MikeC/TX on 12/8/17 5:57pm
 Re: Why you shouldn -  JanetK_CA on 12/9/17 2:05pm
 Re: Why you shouldn - MikeC/TX on 12/9/17 4:33pm
 Maybe not 100% but I think a huge % of increase was - Moneyman/TX on 12/11/17 7:00pm
 Re: Maybe not 100% but I think a huge % of increase was -  JanetK_CA on 12/12/17 1:59am
 Re: Why you shouldn -  Amigoaz on 12/9/17 8:18am
 Re: Why you shouldn - shooterclay on 12/10/17 12:42pm
 I don't think her words were taken out of context ... - Moneyman/TX on 12/11/17 6:14pm
 Re: I don - MikeC/TX on 12/12/17 3:18pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.