Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Trump
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/7/18 6:59pm Msg #71384
The criticisms were to be expected, but there have not been any specific issues raised. It's generally been a blanket "this book is garbage" defense without any specific points being refuted. This is classic Trump - he has attacked or sued the author of every book that was critical of him without getting into the specifics of what was untrue. The last time he did that to an author, the publisher brought in a high-priced team of lawyers that annihilated him in discovery; he was caught in numerous lies, under oath. His lawyers don't want to see a replay of that, but Donald is Donald and will do what he wants.

His current chief toady, Stephen Miller, was on CNN this morning with Jake Tapper, trashing both the book and CNN, and Tapper finally cut the interview short, saying "I've wasted enough of my viewers' time". Here's the video if you haven't already seen it:

From what I've read of the book so far, it pretty much confirms thing we already knew about Trump - no new ground broken.

I just heard that Wikileaks has published the full text of the book, which is obviously an attempt to damage sales. But there's no collusion...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Trump's lawyers tried to bully an author - MikeC/TX on 1/4/18 5:00pm
 Re: Trump -  janCA on 1/4/18 6:08pm
 Re: Trump - MikeC/TX on 1/5/18 4:12pm
 Re: Trump -  JanetK_CA on 1/6/18 4:38pm
 Re: Trump - MikeC/TX on 1/7/18 6:59pm
 Follow-up: after the interview with Tapper ended abruptly... - MikeC/TX on 1/8/18 4:02pm
 Re: Follow-up: after the interview with Tapper ended abruptly... -  JanetK_CA on 1/14/18 1:21am
 That was painful to watch n/m - Moneyman/TX on 1/14/18 4:13pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.