Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

WSJ vindicated?
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/14/18 10:57pm Msg #71404
The WSJ reported that in a phone interview, Trump said,"I probably have a good relationship with Kim Jung Un".

That was immediately called "fake news" (i.e., an inconvenient truth) by Trump and the WH, with Trump claiming on Twitter that he actually said was, "I would probably have a good relationship".

Clearly, there's a big difference between the two statements. A minor issue, but the WH tried to make it a big deal in its war against the media. Press Sec. Sarah Huckleberry Sanders took to Twitter to lambast the WSJ for the alleged misquote and later posted what she said was the WH recording of the interview to prove her point. I listened to that audio three or four times, and it seemed to me that the WSJ had reported it correctly - I heard "I", not "I'd". Some people claimed it was hard to tell because the audio quality was not great.

Then the WSJ stood by their story and posted THEIR copy of the tape, which is of MUCH better quality. After hearing it, I have no doubt that they reported it accurately. You can hear both versions here and decide for yourself:

http://tinyurl.com/y72qtj4g

This begs three questions:

1. Why is the WH constantly gaslighting us by telling us we didn't hear or see what we know we actually heard or saw? This goes back to day one, with the question about the crowd size at the inauguration and Sean Spicer saying it was the biggest inauguration crowd ever, period. Sean, look at the pictures.

2. Why does the WSJ have better recording equipment than the WH?

3. And this one is totally philosophical/theological - exactly how much money did Sanders receive in exchange for her soul, and is her Daddy happy about it? This woman lies frequently, easily, and without contrition - and then accuses the media of lying. I know that her particular brand of Christianity believes that once you accept Christ your sins -past, present, and future - are forgiven, but she's been pushing that envelope really hard ever since she took the job...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 WSJ vindicated? - MikeC/TX on 1/14/18 10:57pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.