Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Neither!
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 1/28/18 3:46pm Msg #71447
I've noticed that the critical difference between those two statements is being glossed over or completely ignored, as is frequently the case. A prerequisite of qualifying for DACA is that the person was brought here as a JUVENILE by someone else and did not decide on his or her own to come here - illegally or otherwise. They were children! They themselves have not committed any criminal act. A clean record is also a prerequisite of qualifying for DACA, BTW. (These young people are among the most vetted in our society.) It appeared to me that Schumer's first quote wasn't about DACA, but about illegal immigration in general.

Of course, as with so many other bits of info, you aren't likely to hear that said on Fox News. They seem to always refer generically to " these people" when talking about DACA, and of course the 'amnesty' word is nearly always included. One of the many things that constitutes 'American Exceptionalism' is the rule of law that ensures that people aren't held accountable for the actions of others, over which they had no control or influence. Apparently, the vast majority of Americans understand this and are in favor of DACA.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Hypocrisy OR change for the sake of public manipulation? - Moneyman/TX on 1/28/18 6:14am
 Re: Hypocrisy OR change for the sake of public manipulation? - MikeC/TX on 1/28/18 3:42pm
 Respectfully, I disagree. - Moneyman/TX on 2/23/18 3:14pm
 Neither! -  JanetK_CA on 1/28/18 3:46pm
 Respectfully, nothing was glossed over - Moneyman/TX on 2/23/18 3:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.