Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: I
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/17/18 5:16pm Msg #71646
Everybody knew there was a conflict with George - it was no secret that George worked for Clinton, and there was some concern about that when he first joined ABC, but once he switched from political operative to journalist, he never stood at the pulpit to offer up a full-throated defense of the Clintons. And while he clearly has a liberal bias at times, he's still a good reporter.

Contrast that with Hanitty, who is not a journalist and does no reporting and who deliberately hid his relationship with Cohen while vehemently defending Cohen against the DOJ. According to Cohen's lawyer, Hannity specifically asked that his name not be revealed; Hannity denies that, so which side is lying?

Every reputable news agency has some form of standards and practices controlling the behavior of its employees, whether it's a an actual department staffed by people or just a manual, and there are consequences for violating those rules. All have disclosure requirements so that the audience knows if there's a relationship with the person or entity being reported on.

I am not a fan of Fox News, but they have some serious journalists I respect for their integrity, such as John Roberts. They also have talking heads like Hannity and Tucker Carlson who are NOT journalists and are only there to spout personal opinion that fits the message Fox is trying to sell. Even the talking heads should be held to standards and practices.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 I'm not sure who to believe here - MikeC/TX on 4/16/18 5:23pm
 Re: I - ArtG/KS on 4/16/18 8:26pm
 Re: I - MikeC/TX on 4/17/18 5:16pm
 Re: I - shooterclay on 4/19/18 11:29pm
 Re: I - MikeC/TX on 4/20/18 4:48pm
 Re: I - shooterclay on 4/21/18 9:41pm
 Re: I - MikeC/TX on 4/22/18 6:51pm
 Re: I - shooterclay on 4/23/18 1:05am
 To clarify - shooterclay on 4/23/18 1:07am
 Re: To clarify - MikeC/TX on 4/23/18 7:21pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.