Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: In another unhinged Tweet storm today
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/22/18 5:30pm Msg #71658
The three tweets:

"The New York Times and a third rate reporter named Maggie Haberman, known as a Crooked H flunkie who I don’t speak to and have nothing to do with, are going out of their way to destroy Michael Cohen and his relationship with me in the hope that he will “flip.” They use...."

"....non-existent “sources” and a drunk/drugged up loser who hates Michael, a fine person with a wonderful family. Michael is a businessman for his own account/lawyer who I have always liked & respected. Most people will flip if the Government lets them out of trouble, even if...."

"....it means lying or making up stories. Sorry, I don’t see Michael doing that despite the horrible Witch Hunt and the dishonest media!"

First of all, Maggie Haberman (he misspelled her name in the original tweet) is not a "third rate reporter" - she's a highly respected journalist who was part of a NYT team that just won a Pulitzer for their reporting on Trump.

Second, although he claims to not speak to her and has nothing to do with her, she has interviewed him numerous times, including at the WH (there are pictures of them posing in the Oval Office), and he has on more than one occasion called her (witnessed by people who were with her at the time).

Third, two of the "non-existent sources" spoke on the record and were identified in the article - Roger Stone and Sam Nunberg.

His gaslighting aside, Trump said that most people would flip under that pressure, and some would make up lies, but he doesn't think Cohen would do either. Why would Cohen do either if there's nothing to hide?

Cohen's problems are of his own making and don't necessarily involve Trump directly, so why would Trump care one way or the other if he decided to cooperate with prosecutors?
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 In another unhinged Tweet storm today - MikeC/TX on 4/21/18 6:23pm
 Re: In another unhinged Tweet storm today - shooterclay on 4/21/18 9:38pm
 Re: In another unhinged Tweet storm today - MikeC/TX on 4/22/18 5:30pm
 Re: In another unhinged Tweet storm today - shooterclay on 4/23/18 1:04am
 Re: In another unhinged Tweet storm today - MikeC/TX on 4/23/18 7:18pm
 My thought exactly, MikeC - BearPaw/CO on 4/22/18 12:04pm
 Re: My thought exactly, MikeC - MikeC/TX on 4/22/18 6:33pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.