Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Sorry Mike, Bagger is closer to the truth on this one
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 6/23/18 7:26am Msg #71739
"I think on this one aspect, you could be letting your hatred for Trump overrule your common sense. I mean, if, as you said, over 90% showed up, then how is it that we have an est. 10M+ (no one knows the real numbers) illegal aliens in the country? "

You're muddying the water by lumping ALL illegals into a program that was established to address a small subset of them.

My post was specifically referring to the Obama administration program aimed at illegals who brought their families with them. It does not include unaccompanied minors or illegals who entered the country by other means.

Originally, Obama wanted to detain the families together (only a few families were separated, in special circumcumstances), but the courts told him that children couldn't be detained with their parents, so they went to Plan B - an Alternative To Detention (ATD) program which involved supervised release including the use of ankle bracelets and required check-ins. Despite the claims of the Wahington Examiner to the contrary, that program was highly successful.

I did not pull the 90% figure out of thin air. As the report I posted indicates, the response rate was in the upper 90% range for several years. The report contains footnotes to back up the statements made. The program - which addressed the exact same problem we are facing at the border today with families - was working, but because it was from the Obama administration it had to be canceled.

The fact that there are millions of illegal aliens in the US has absolutely nothing to do with the efficacy of the program I mentioned in my post. That program only applied to a subset of all illegal aliens, and it's wrong to suggest the program doesn't work by lumping in people who were not even enrolled in it and saying, "Well, they're still here, so how could it have worked?"

I'd appreciate it if you would ask me for a cite rather than accuse me of making up numbers just because I hate Trump. You're falling into the "fake news" trap, where inconvenient facts are immediately considered to be false and are rejected out of hand.

Trump did this yet again yesterday when he rejected all of the studies that show native-born Americans are responsible for more violent crimes than both illegal and legal aliens. He said, "That can't possibly be true, we're not worse than them" - it was an inconvenient fact that didn't fit his narrative, so it had to be false.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Nothing changes - MikeC/TX on 6/20/18 7:09pm
 Re: Nothing changes - Moneyman/TX on 6/21/18 1:54pm
 Re: Nothing changes - MikeC/TX on 6/21/18 6:17pm
 Another mis-truth - bagger on 6/21/18 2:17pm
 Re: Another mis-truth - MikeC/TX on 6/21/18 6:36pm
 Re: Another mis-truth - bagger on 6/22/18 5:09am
 Sorry Mike, Bagger is closer to the truth on this one - Moneyman/TX on 6/22/18 12:18pm
 Re: Sorry Mike, Bagger is closer to the truth on this one - bagger on 6/22/18 12:55pm
 Re: Sorry Mike, Bagger is closer to the truth on this one - MikeC/TX on 6/22/18 4:51pm
 Figures don't lie, but liars can figure. - bagger on 6/26/18 9:03am
 Re: Sorry Mike, Bagger is closer to the truth on this one - MikeC/TX on 6/23/18 7:26am
 Key factor = case management -  JanetK_CA on 6/24/18 5:37pm
 Re: Key factor = case management - MikeC/TX on 6/24/18 6:07pm
 Typo - should be 5th Amendment n/m - MikeC/TX on 6/25/18 3:55pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.