Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 7/10/18 7:54pm Msg #71794
I received the latest newsletter from Congressman Kevin Brady (TX- 8th district) yesterday. Normally I glance at the mostly self serving newsletters from my Senators and Congressman then hit delete. To be fair, ALL of them are self serving regardless of which party yours, mine, or anyone's belongs to. This one had some information about the tax cuts - 6 months after report type of things.

There is also a link to a short 20 question quiz (below) which I would encourage everyone, right, left, middle, and even the apathetic to take. The quiz has information on many benefits that have hardly even been mentioned in the news, including on FOX (hard to believe, I know), MSNBC, CNN, or almost any "news" outlet, about some of the actual benefits that were in the tax cuts bill.

Excerpt From Kevin Brady's newsletter (rec. 07-09-2018)
"In the six months since President Trump signed tax cuts into law, America has had the fastest growth in investments, new equipment, and technology since 2011. Wages for families are growing at the fastest pace in a decade. Consumer confidence is through the roof. Most importantly, Texas businesses are roaring back, expanding and growing like never before. America is back, our economy is reflecting that. America is now the best place on the planet for that new job.

The reality is the GOP tax cuts are producing real gains for the American people. Where is the proof? Click here http://waysandmeans.house.gov/tax-facts-tuesday-six-months-later-gop-tax-cuts-producing-real-gains/ to catch up on the good news and read more about exactly how our economy is moving forward thanks to tax reform.

How well do you know the new tax law and how it impacts your family and paycheck? CLICK HERE http://taxreformquiz.typeform.com/to/fJRtbJ "

******* My comments below *****

The first link is to the U.S. House's Committee on Ways and Means -- Personally, I do have an issue with 2 things contained on the site's current page.
1) Are the unemployment numbers that they, and President Trump, are bragging about using the same formula that was used when President Obama was in office? If so, WHY should we trust the numbers today when we didn't trust them when Obama was in office? IF the same formula, they are not counting a lot of Americans who are out of work the same way they didn't under the Obama administration. I am sure that unemployment is lower than it was 2+ yrs ago, but intellectual honesty requires me to point out that the changed formula has always shown lower unemployment than there actually is. ... just say'in
2) The House Committee on Ways and Means is a committee which is made up of both Repubs and Dems. I don't think it is right (proper, ethical, whatever) that although the Repubs are currently in the majority on the committee that they included this on the government site --
"This is only the start of even more good things to come. Republicans are continuing our work to build on this momentum to keep our economy moving forward, while Democrats are proposing to take all this progress away.

Given the choice between allowing the American people to keep more of their money to spend as they see fit or continuing to require families to send too much of their earnings to Washington to be spent by bureaucrats, Republicans choose the American people. "
I never viewed the site when the Dems were in charge to see if they did something similar. I can only guess that from the lack of outcry from them at this time that they probably did. I don't think either party should be promoting this sort of partisanship on an official government website. They have their own websites as well as their party's websites to promote such things.

Other than that, I found the information an interesting read. Hope others will as well. Smile
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - Moneyman/TX on 7/10/18 7:54pm
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - HisHughness on 7/11/18 11:15pm
 If it helps, I didn't vote for my congressman. ;) n/m - Moneyman/TX on 7/12/18 1:36pm
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - Moneyman/TX on 7/14/18 10:08am
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - MikeC/TX on 7/14/18 3:43pm
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - Moneyman/TX on 7/14/18 3:54pm
 For your reading pleasure - MikeC/TX on 7/16/18 3:46pm
 Re: For your reading pleasure - bagger on 7/17/18 1:37pm
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - shooterclay on 7/16/18 6:21pm
 Now they would have to drop $3-4K just to be even with what - Moneyman/TX on 7/21/18 5:40pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.