Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 7/14/18 10:08am Msg #71805
Hugh, it is how the tax cuts are described by Democrats that promulgate the illusion that the tax cuts are only for the wealthy that is the problem. That, of course, is how they want to represent them to the public (i.e. only the wealthy benefited).

I have no reason to doubt the numbers you present, I have not researched them myself but I am reasonably sure that your numbers are accurate. Even in the way you have described the Bush tax cuts, "Bush tax cuts for the wealthy", is a slanted view of the actual tax cuts. The largest percentage of cuts under Bush went to the lower income class rather than the wealthy. The wealthy did receive a higher dollar amount in reduced taxes, but that is because they paid a higher dollar amount in taxes.

Of the current tax cuts we do not see any democrats promoting any of the cuts that the quiz in the op points out. They only continue to promote class warfare by only pointing out the cuts for corps and the higher income class to promote their message of therefore, the entire tax cuts are a bad deal for all Americans.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - Moneyman/TX on 7/10/18 7:54pm
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - HisHughness on 7/11/18 11:15pm
 If it helps, I didn't vote for my congressman. ;) n/m - Moneyman/TX on 7/12/18 1:36pm
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - Moneyman/TX on 7/14/18 10:08am
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - MikeC/TX on 7/14/18 3:43pm
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - Moneyman/TX on 7/14/18 3:54pm
 For your reading pleasure - MikeC/TX on 7/16/18 3:46pm
 Re: For your reading pleasure - bagger on 7/17/18 1:37pm
 Re: Were the Tax Cuts really ONLY for the wealthy? Take the quiz - shooterclay on 7/16/18 6:21pm
 Now they would have to drop $3-4K just to be even with what - Moneyman/TX on 7/21/18 5:40pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.