Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

TYVM, Mike, for posting. Helpful alert. Part of my 'process'
Posted by  Christine/OK of OK on 1/2/17 7:56am Msg #28071
(if you will) when calling to confirm the agreed-to signing location is to have already researched via Google Maps the signing location and that general area. When I call to confirm the signing date, time, & location I ask them "What is the best way to reach the location" (if it's not a public site). I do this because they are normally intimately familiar with the area, any obstacles, construction, gate codes, etc. that might impede progress or difficulties that they have heard from others that previously attempted to reach that location.

Using these three elements - Google Maps research, signing providing 'best route,' and my up-to-date GPS system - ensure that I can safely navigate to that location. There have been times that the GPS guides me to a circuitous path or a directional choice that is counter-intuitive to me. At that point, I will revert to the printed Google Maps page attached to my signing confirmation documents and/or the notes taken down provided by the signer that give 'air traffic control guidance' to the location. Smile
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 GPS warning - MikeC/TX on 1/1/17 7:09pm
 Re: GPS warning -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/1/17 7:37pm
 TYVM, Mike, for posting. Helpful alert. Part of my 'process' -  Christine/OK on 1/2/17 7:56am
 Great reminder, Mike. I do know people who let their -  MW/VA on 1/2/17 11:45am
 Re: Great reminder, Mike. I do know people who let their - MikeC/TX on 1/2/17 7:03pm
 yep, almost did a Thelma and Louise last summer - notarydi/CA on 1/3/17 9:18am
 Re: GPS warning -  Doris_CO on 1/3/17 1:59pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.