Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Great reminder, Mike. I do know people who let their
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/2/17 7:03pm Msg #28078
When I was still living on Long Island, I once followed GPS instructions at night in an area of the Island that I was totally unfamiliar with. The GPS started leading me down a dirt road, and I finally stopped, backed up, and got myself back onto the paved road. Then I called the borrower and tried to explain where I was. It turned out the GPS was sort of right - they were on the other side of this heavily wooded area I was being directed through, but I was being led onto a bluff overlooking the development and there was no way to get through the way I was going unless I was willing to go airborne. Borrower talked me through a route that took me a couple of miles around the wooded area and into their development. Ever since then, my attitude with a GPS has been trust but verify...
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 GPS warning - MikeC/TX on 1/1/17 7:09pm
 Re: GPS warning -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/1/17 7:37pm
 TYVM, Mike, for posting. Helpful alert. Part of my 'process' -  Christine/OK on 1/2/17 7:56am
 Great reminder, Mike. I do know people who let their -  MW/VA on 1/2/17 11:45am
 Re: Great reminder, Mike. I do know people who let their - MikeC/TX on 1/2/17 7:03pm
 yep, almost did a Thelma and Louise last summer - notarydi/CA on 1/3/17 9:18am
 Re: GPS warning -  Doris_CO on 1/3/17 1:59pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.