Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Update on Bruce
Posted by Sylvia_FL of FL on 1/9/17 8:54pm Msg #28121
He finally woke up around 12:30 Thursday morning and he yanked his breathing tube out (natural reaction I would think), he asked the nurse where he was as he didn't know.She told him he was in Palm Bay Hospital. They left the breathing tube out and put a Bipap on him. I visited around 10am and he asked me what had happened to him. I told him as much as I could remember - I vaguely remember calling 911 for him at 3:30am Monday and being by the ambulance when they put him in it. I don't remember the EMT's being in the house, or me coming back in the house and locking the door and going back to bed. A neighbour explained it to me the other day. I had posted on FB that he had been taken to the hospital and when Shawna (the neighbour) saw the message she came running over. She said I told her in detail what happened, and then I called the hospital to find out his status and was told he had gone into cardiac arrest and they had had to do chest compressions for 10 minutes and then I "lost it" and must have forgotten everything leading up to that.

But he is doing good now. They moved him out of ICU on Saturday. The "white board" in his room where they put the nurse's and doctor's names daily has the plan for him to be home in 2-3 days with a question mark after it. I don't know what they are going to do about the blockage -they would have to transfer him to the heart center to put a stent in (if that is what they are planning) as this hospital doesn't have a cath lab. I am hoping that his regular cardiologist will be able to see him, he is out of the country at the moment.
The prayers are definitely helping. The hospital doctor told him he is very lucky to be alive and no damage to the brain.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Update on Bruce - Sylvia_FL on 1/9/17 8:54pm
 Praise God, Bruce is a trooper! -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/9/17 9:00pm
 great news! continued prayers for healing and - notarydi/CA on 1/9/17 10:12pm
 I'm continuing to keep you both in thoughts & prayers & -  MW/VA on 1/10/17 8:00am
 love the pic of him Sylvia, he looks tough, and I'm sure -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 1/10/17 1:03pm
 Thank you for the update, Sylvia. -  Yoli/CA on 1/10/17 6:25pm
 Re: Update on Bruce - Sylvia_FL on 1/11/17 8:33am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.