Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Emerson & Jake
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 2/11/17 8:59pm Msg #28265
Thursday evening my wife brought home what looked like a newspaper article on 'comfort dogs'. An older gentleman, who is a customer had given it to her at work. I didn't pay much mind.

Tonight I read the article and asked her more. Turns out the gentleman lives not far from here in Cambria, CA. He and his two golden labs have traveled over 100,000 miles across the country "to bringing love, joy and hope to USA tragedy survivors".

The Boston bombing, shooting rampages, firefighter deaths, fatal cop shootings, mudslide victims, terror shootings, car accident victims, just about everything and anything.

He had the two golden labs with him. He ordered Emerson to go over to my wife. The lab walked over, sat next to her and pushed himself gently but firmly into her side. She rewarded him with a pets and praises. He called the dog back and sent Jake over. Jake went over and stood next to her and without sitting leaned firmly to her side. Each dog faced away as they did this. She was amazed!

He pulled out his cell phone and started showing her photos of their travels when she noticed that he had garden pictures as well. <perk!> He was surprised at how much she knew about flowers. She then told him how her husband loves to garden. He got extremely excited as he is an ardent gardener too. That seemed to have made his day.

Hearing this story brought some comfort to me that such a person also received comfort from my wife and my garden. Just doing our part.

Emerson and Jake:

http://goldenmissionsofamerica.wordpress.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PfuynLV_jM

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Emerson & Jake - Bear900/CA on 2/11/17 8:59pm
 aww, great story Bear...thanks for the share! n/m -  C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 2/13/17 5:26am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.