Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: German Shepherd wins Westminster.......
Posted by  sueharke of CA on 2/17/17 1:50am Msg #28311
Cheryl: A couple of suggestion to reduce the digging by the dog.

1.. From Brandon McMillian from "Lucky Dog" TV program. Put your dogs poop in the hole he has dug and cover it with some dirt. He may not want to dig in that hole again.

2. If you catch him digging a hole, get a boat horn (air horn or whatever you call it) and as you catch him digging (or other activity you don't want), blow the horn ONLY once to distract him (reduce his energy level to level 1). The use of the air horn must be at the right time and not too often. I've broken up dog fights with the air horn at the dog park (including my own 9 year lab against a juvenile deliquent 1.5 year old German shepard who tried to steal my dogs ball). One blow of the air horn ended the fight and no humans hands got bitten.

3. The air home is great for calling for help in a secluded area if you are lost or hurt and cannot yell loud enough to yell for help Smile
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 German Shepherd wins Westminster....... - notarydi/CA on 2/14/17 10:49pm
 Re: German Shepherd wins Westminster....... -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/15/17 7:45am
 These are wonderful pictures of big dogs and litle people -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/15/17 8:06am
 Re: German Shepherd wins Westminster....... - Luckydog on 2/16/17 9:35am
 Re: German Shepherd wins Westminster....... -  sueharke on 2/17/17 1:50am
 Re: German Shepherd wins Westminster....... -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/19/17 9:18am
 Congrats to Rumor. He looks like a great dog! ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 2/15/17 8:53am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.