Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Admirable Adele :)
Posted by  Christine/OK of OK on 2/22/17 9:43am Msg #28335
Adele Facing Mistakes

'Have you ever made a mistake? Of course, you have, we all have.

The real question is "how did you deal with it?"

During Sunday night's Grammy Awards, music superstar Adele provided a lesson we can all take to heart.

For those who didn't have the opportunity to tune into the show, let me set the stage for you.

During a tribute performance to the late George Michael, Adele started her set severely off key. In a genuine Adele way, she cussed (she's known for it), and in front of a huge audience - which included millions of television viewers, she stopped the song and asked to start over.

Think about this for a moment. Here you have a famous singer - who had just that evening won five Grammy awards, admitting that she had made a mistake and had not delivered her best performance while the world was watching.

After apologizing profusely, the music and video restarted, and so did Adele.

For me, it was a WOW moment. Besides having the courage to say "I'm sorry. It's too important. I need to restart", she demonstrated her commitment to deliver her best always.

Because of her decision, she was applauded by the celebrity audience, and forgiven by the show's producers. Even the social media world offered her strong support. Despite experiencing what most would call a nightmare moment, Adele emerged with her reputation intact. In fact, she might have even picked up more fans, if that is possible.

It's not easy to make mistakes, and especially not easy to make a huge mistake when we are known as the expert of our craft. Adele did just that.'

For the remainder of the article, see: http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/show-must-go-what-you-can-learn-from-adele-facing-your-roz-usheroff
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Admirable Adele :) -  Christine/OK on 2/22/17 9:43am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.